I disconnected the Flash Drive While formating it ,Then it doesn't show up in My Computer anymore

Mohamed_30

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
Windows was forcing me to format my flash drive , but every time i was tring to format it , it said that it's "write protected" and i can't format it.
i came up with a solution online that says that i have to format it from "windows disk management tools" ,
i've unchecked "quick format" option
and started formating it ,It took about 1 hour for just 2% prgress, So i've disconnected it from the PC , Then it doesn't show up in my computer anymore.

image.png

Solution
Maybe the partition has been deleted. Download EASEUS Partition master and delete the current partition of your flash drive(if you have any) and create a new partition and click on apply changes.
* Be very careful while deleting creating partitions, any wrong step might delete your data. Double check before deleting the partition of your flash drive.
Hey there, Mohamed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but usually when a flash drive or a memory card starts popping-up the message that it's write protected, it means that it has probably failed.

If it's not recognized even by Disk Management anymore, you could try a different device/computer, to see if you'll have better luck with it. If you can get another computer to recognize it, you could give it a try with the suggestions from this article: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Write-Protection.

If nothing seems to be working, it would be best ot RMA it (if it's still under warranty), or get a new one.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Mohamed_30

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Thanks alot , Yes unfortunately it's not working with any other computer as well,
But it's recognized by disk management , is there any solution or it's still completely failed ?

image.png

darthvader30

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
Maybe the partition has been deleted. Download EASEUS Partition master and delete the current partition of your flash drive(if you have any) and create a new partition and click on apply changes.
* Be very careful while deleting creating partitions, any wrong step might delete your data. Double check before deleting the partition of your flash drive.

Solution
I see. Go ahead and give it a go with @darthvader30's suggestion. If that doesn't help, you could also try the manufacturer's formatting tool (most manufacturers offer such tool for their flash drives and memory cards), to see if it's able to reformat the flash drive and fix the problem.

TRENDING THREADS