Info I figured it out what is wrong with the M.2 SSD

Feb 21, 2019
After I built my rig 5 months ago, everything was fine until I notice that my pc can't boot randomly. However, it's not like a significant thing in the first place because it's gone after I turn off my pc for like 10 minutes. I start to feel uncomfortable when it happened more often (Imagine how many efforts, money to build a pc and it crashes after a few days). I google and tried out everything but there is no real answer. I called every single part manufacturer's customer service to figure it out what the heck is wrong with my pc and even where is the problem? I disassembled and reinstalled my whole rig. Finally, I found out it because of my WD Black M.2 NVMe got overheat. It has a warranty cover on it and it lied between the CPU and the GPU so there is no way to cool it down while using it. I email them to do something about it but seem like a bot answered me.

Here is something you will have (or already had) if you have something like me:

201927e7d4e1-c2d9-4840-b940-ea43b5e95e4c.jpg

Speccy can't determine what your m.2 temperature is:

2019f51f5fcc-067d-4432-8ed0-17fa59d73d86.png

Sorry for my bad English

Feb 21, 2019
Many other people use an M.2 SSD and an internal HDD without experiencing overheating issues. Consider installing additional case fans.
This is how my pc look
20190166b07d-031e-40f8-b924-c329d746af94.jpg

As you can see the m.2 is between the cpu and the gpu

The case
http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/masterbox-lite-5/

It has 3 front intake fans (I replaced the original fans with a watercooler aio that has 3 fans and 1 radiator) and 1 exhaust fan which comes with the case. I should have bought the pcie ssd or the traditional one

I overclocked my ryzen 5 1600 to 3.9ghz as well but it happened before.

Many people have asked why their m.2 randomly can’t booted. I guess this is why

TRENDING THREADS