Question I Have 2 Questions

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
I have 2 questions,
Problem one : What is causing my PC to wake up from sleep mode when I press on no key on my keyboard. I have disabled any mouse input of causing this problem but I still have this problem. I could put it into sleep mode and immediately as it goes out of sleep mode it would just start right back up. I am not sure if it is coincidental but I could plug my phone in to a charger not on the computer, yet the computer will sometimes turn on by itself. It's more annoying than anything when I am called to eat dinner and it just turns on again for no reason. This has been going on since I built my PC (a year) and have redone cable management multiple times.

Second Problem: Lately for maybe a month when my computer wakes from sleep for no apparent reason (problem one) or when I press a key to wake it from sleep, sometimes it would not display to my 2 monitors and my fans would ramp up about 20-25% and not ramp back down. Is this a problem with the motherboard and something I should be concerned about? Are there any possible ways to fix this?

PC Specs:
MoBo: Asrock B450 pro 4
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 oc to 3.9ghz
GPU: Msi Radeon rx580 Armor OC
RAM: GeIl evo potenza 16gb 3000

If you need more specs I can send them.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Here's one thing to check for the constant re-wakening. You already have looked at the BIOS settings for waking up by keyboard or mouse activity. Many BIOS's also have a setting for waking the machine up because of activity on the LAN connection. Mine calls that Wake on LAN. If that is active, ANY query from your local network via the LAN port (even a "are you still there?" kind of meaningless activity) will cause a "wake up." Some people leaave this option active so that they can access the machine remotely via the internet at any time.

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
I only disabled the mouse from Device Manager if I do stand correct. I am also connected via Wi-Fi for I am too far from the internet. I have went through most my BIOS and have not seen anything to what you are saying. I will look into it more and will see if that is even an option.