Question I have a very strange stuttering problem on my PC ?

TheNinja689

Commendable
Apr 12, 2021
Hello I am new to this page and I have come because I do not know what to do with this problem. It happens that lately I changed the hard drives of my pc for new ones specifically were 3 of the brand Seagate Barracuda because the hard drives that I use are mostly laptop and wanted to try a better experience. It happens that from that moment I began to give a constant stuttering in the pc, first began with some small failures in the screen (things like that for a few seconds it became black and then returned) and then began with the stuttering.

The strange thing began when out of nowhere they stopped giving me the stuttering for 2 weeks and one day out of nowhere they happened again, the first thing he did was to analyze the hard drives with various programs such as Crystal Disk or Macrorit Disk Scanner and all of them told me that the hard drives were impeccable without any problems. Then I decided to analyze my 2 SSD's to see if that was the problem and as I assumed everything was correct.

At that time I decided to prescribe my pc to see if it was a compatibility problem with some software that had been corrupted, everything was going great until the stuttering started again (it should be noted that I changed the position of the hard drives to see if it was a management problem but everything was still the same). Then I remembered what had happened to me with the failures in the screen so I assumed it was my card and as I always update my drivers I thought of cleaning it and rearrange it,

After cleaning it I tested it and at first everything was normal until the stutters came back again. From that moment I thought it was the power supply and that it was somehow mismanaging the energy of the hard drives so I changed 1 of them for the laptop I used before and the thing was still the same. That is where I got desperate looking for the exact reason why my pc started to fail but I found nothing so I resorted to this forum so that the most knowledgeable can help me before something worse happens.

Something to keep in mind is that the stutters are random and can happen at any time, for example one day nothing happens to me and the next day it can be happening constantly. The symptoms that provoke these stutters are: audio distortion, freezing of the mouse, etc.

My Set Up:

- RTX 2060 6GB STRIX ADVANCED EDITION

- I5 9400F WITH THE STOCK COOLER

- 16 GB RAM DDR4 2666MHZ

- THE 3 SEAGATE BARRACUDA HARD DRIVES

- 1 SSD SATA SAMSUNG 250 GB

- 1 SSD M.2 KINGSTON 500 GB

- PSU SPEKTRA 650W (I know it is a generic power supply but this one has never failed me and I have had it for 1 year but I think it could be that too because even though I used to use laptop hard disks that consumed less than normal ones it could be a problem of unstable power supply).

- MOTHERBOARD ASUS PRIME H310-E R2.0

I hope you can help me with this problem before something more serious happens.

TheNinja689

Commendable
Apr 12, 2021
how full are the ssd?

os on the ssd?

Ok the Samsung SATA SSD I have for the system and that's why I try not to fill it too much with programs, so programs like Steam or Epic Games are currently on a HDD drive. I do this because the programs run faster this way. And in terms of space I have 173 of 250 free.