Question I have fps drops in Fortnite. *ONLY ONLINE*

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
So the past 3 season i have been experiencing fps drops. from 144 (capped) to 20 or even lower. It is not a hardware problem because every other game i get more then 120 fps with no lag or fps drops, including GTA V. And im guessing it has something do with the texture loading. Because in creative my fps is stable with no frame jumping or drops.

Specs Just in case:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Proccesor

GPU: Radeon RX 590 Series
MotherBoard: AB350-Gaming 3

If there is anything else needed let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
It's been known in the past that when an update has just been introduced on when there are server issues or when the game is undergoing some form of maintenance, that the texture loading times are prolonged or you see choppy visuals while other games remain intact.

You might want to see if reinstalling your game changes the issue. SPeaking of issue, you might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

And include the age of the PSU as well as the version for your OS(assuming you're on Windows 10).

Anebay

Reputable
Oct 22, 2019
It's been known in the past that when an update has just been introduced on when there are server issues or when the game is undergoing some form of maintenance, that the texture loading times are prolonged or you see choppy visuals while other games remain intact.

You might want to see if reinstalling your game changes the issue. SPeaking of issue, you might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

And include the age of the PSU as well as the version for your OS(assuming you're on Windows 10).
It seems that after this current update my frame drops stopped. Thank You for responding this quick tho. If anything else happens ill make sure to get back to this forum.