Question I have free-sync disabled in settings but it says its enabled in monitor?

Jul 12, 2018
I disabled g-sync in the nvidia options on my free-sync monitor and it still says its on in the monitor display info. I look at manage 3d settings it says its fixed refresh rate instead of g-sync. Could this be a bug or is it on? If its on how can I disable? I've probably had it on for so long that i've gotten used to it and couldnt tell the difference.

FreeSync was developed by AMD and first announced in 2014 to compete against Nvidia's proprietary G-Sync.

With the latest Nvidia driver you now have the ability to use any FreeSync or VESA Adaptive Sync monitor with an Nvidia GPU via a toggle in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Here’s how to get the G-Sync Compatible feature setup with your FreeSync screen:

The first thing you need to do is connecti via DisplayPort..
You need a recent version of the Windows 10 OS.
Perform a clean install of the new Nvidia graphics driver package.
Enable FreeSync within monitor’s settings. It will likely be inside the image section of the on-screen display.
Select ‘Nvidia Control Panel’ and hit ‘Change Resolution.’
Select the FreeSync monitor and set to the highest available.
Now select the ‘Set up G-Sync’ tab under ‘Display’ in the Nvidia Control Panel and ensure that the ‘Enable G-Sync, G-Sync Compatible’ is checked.
Select the FreeSync display, again it will be the one with the Nvidia eye logo on it, and check the ‘Enable settings for the selected display model.’
In the bottom right of the Nvidia Control Panel window hit ‘Apply’ and the monitor should quickly reconnect with all its G-Sync

I disabled g-sync in the nvidia options on my free-sync monitor and it still says its on in the monitor display info. I look at manage 3d settings it says its fixed refresh rate instead of g-sync. Could this be a bug or is it on? If its on how can I disable? I've probably had it on for so long that i've gotten used to it and couldnt tell the difference.
It's likely just a bug.