Question I have legion Y540 81SY Model, it came with a 60hz panel, is there a way to replace screen to higher refresh rate?

Jul 12, 2020
I know there is same model with higher refresh rate, and gpu. So if there is a possibility then it would be awesome. I meant internally not as external monitor.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Maybe?

If you can purchase the panel complete and it turns out that your current GPU or integrated supports the higher frame rate it 'could' work if you can source the panel.

In my own case I have replaced panels with non stock versions that were "the same", IE like found who made the panel and got one of those instead of the branded one. In my experience with it, which is VERY limited, by and large everything has been plug and play. I will note that each of those was within stock specs.
If this was offered as an option for that line it could well also be plug and play. I would only imagine that it was part of a better spec machine....

Jul 12, 2020
Maybe?

If you can purchase the panel complete and it turns out that your current GPU or integrated supports the higher frame rate it 'could' work if you can source the panel.

In my own case I have replaced panels with non stock versions that were "the same", IE like found who made the panel and got one of those instead of the branded one. In my experience with it, which is VERY limited, by and large everything has been plug and play. I will note that each of those was within stock specs.
If this was offered as an option for that line it could well also be plug and play. I would only imagine that it was part of a better spec machine....
Sorry I missed my specs to describe. I have GTX1650 4GB on board withi5 9th Gen. The same model higher variant have 144hz option with 1660ti and i7. So I was wondering if that screen can support my motherboard to get the maximum performance in gaming and working as well.

Jul 12, 2020
Does the GTX 1660 ti Y540 has 144 HZ only, because I am looking to buy one from a market in my country but I dont know if it was 60 HZ or 144HZ because the market shows everything but not the monitor refresh rate its Lenovo legion i7 9750H gtx 1660 ti , 16 ram, DOS
Here is the link of the market if you xan help me its an egytian market but with english written : https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/lenovo...rce-6-gb-gtx-1660-ti-dos-black-14275900075/u/

Jul 12, 2020
Does the GTX 1660 ti Y540 has 144 HZ only, because I am looking to buy one from a market in my country but I dont know if it was 60 HZ or 144HZ because the market shows everything but not the monitor refresh rate its Lenovo legion i7 9750H gtx 1660 ti , 16 ram, DOS
Here is the link of the market if you xan help me its an egytian market but with english written : https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/lenovo...rce-6-gb-gtx-1660-ti-dos-black-14275900075/u/
Seem like it does come with a 144hz option. Check this out. Im from India
https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Y540-Windows-Graphics-81SX00F0IN/dp/B07T7NLLJJ
Both are same variant I think. It does have 144hz screen inbuilt. But in the link you sent, i couldn't see any complete specifications. Graphics they wrote only GTX1660 in that link.