I hope this e-mail from Tom's was legitimate

Craig234

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
And not a phishing scam - it was from 'purch.com'...

Dear Craig234,

To preserve your account registered on Tom's, please take a moment to log in on the site between now and August 16th.

We're upgrading our user sign-in service for better cybersecurity on Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide, so every one of our users will be logged out and all cookies expired in the move. To preserve your account credentials, simply log in between now and August 16th. We strongly encourage you to log in right now, as our old system will expire your credentials and likely require a password change after the transition.

Log in to your Tom's account using buttons above or the option in the upper right-hand corner of either Tom's Hardware or Tom's Guide homepage. The new service provides better encryption, so it's a no-brainer for us.

To sweeten the deal for you, we're running Summer Giveaways with thousands of dollars in prizes of epic hardware, gaming consoles, and tech that we know you want - and all you have to do to enter to win is log in. Check out the Account Migration Megathread on Tom's Hardware or Tom's Guide for more information, or if you have questions.

Cybersecurity is everyone's responsibility, and we're taking active steps to safeguard your security and privacy with this change on Tom's. Thank you in advance for your help with this, and we'll see you in the forums!

Warm Regards,

The Tom's Community Team

Solution
I have the same email, but very strange to get an email with links to click on to logon to your account. Especially when the links are not directing to Tom's when hoovering over the buttons. In this day and age with all the hacking and phishing going on, Toms Hardware should know better then sending emails with links to click on.

SMH

Poncke

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I have the same email, but very strange to get an email with links to click on to logon to your account. Especially when the links are not directing to Tom's when hoovering over the buttons. In this day and age with all the hacking and phishing going on, Toms Hardware should know better then sending emails with links to click on.

SMH

Solution