I KILLED MY SMART COAT!

G

I didn't know that I shouldn't clean my 955df monitopr with alcohol! There is something called SMART COAT III and I used acohol pad to clean the screen about 2-3 times! what is this Smrt coating? and what if I killed it? what will happen? and i noticed that the brightness of my monitor reduces every time after I play UT! why? it doesn't happen if I play Q3A for example! when I restart the pc - everything back to normal! any ideas? could that be cuz I used alcohol pad to clean the screen (it is GLASS thouhg, and why is it SO THICK on df moniotrs?)???

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the coat on the glass is anti-glare anti-scratch etc... inproves the picture soooo much in bright conditions... the hood with the lacies is extremely helpful with a large amount of ambient lighting...

maybe u play UT at a different resolution try changing the settings on the monitor while playing it... could help...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
The reduced brightness after UT is not a monitor issue but a video card issue (more precisely - software) - the game probably sets the gama to new values and it doesn't set back to default after quiting the game.

Don't clean monitors with alcohol... once I saw a recently bought projection board from 3M (over $3000 at that time) completely destroyed due to the misuse of alcohol...

G

well I cleaned the monitor only twice I think, nothing bad happened and the pads are not very alcoholic, they don't even smell like Vodka