I lost most of my Pictures ... Help my Guys

q8y

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Hi

Guys I have a problem that i don't know from where and how I got it... My Friend Computer has lost most of his pictures. He doesn't know how all this happen... All what he knows that he send a picture to his friend, thats all, and his friend was using his mobile not a computer(Black Berry)...

My friend(the one that lost the pictures) didn't accept any file... But, after he send the picture to his friend, most of his pictures was gone...when he talks to him(the other one), he said that he had kind of a virus on his mobile, because also another person had the same problem with him...

The weird thing is that, the Hard Drive that has the Pictures (It is on a separate partition Not the main HD) has 29 GB is lost and it was taken from the HD but it's not there(you can't see it)... I mean the total size of the files in the HD is 21 Gb and the HD is 150 GB and the free size is 100 GB(approximatley) so there is 29GB is hidden in some place...

How do I get my picture Back again??? can I ??

Note:

I did scan My computer from viruses and Trojan and I did restore my computer to an earlier time but nothing is happen...

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Well...I dont really know how to fix your problem but what is the most important thing to do when you have important data?
-BACK-UP
-BACK-UP
-BACK-UP
-because when the day comes when your hard drive fails, you catch a virus, and etc, the back-ups can be very useful.

tosh9i

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
open a any folder > click on Tools > Folder Options > view tab > first, make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected > next, uncheck hide protected operating system files > click on yes, when the warning pops up > then try looking to see if the files are visible