Question I might have a faulty motherboard out of box, I tried everything, help!

Dec 31, 2019
Hello guys!
First post here and I'll try to provide as many details as possible
Basically, after trying to upgrade an old computer I figured out theres no point in trying and just completed the rest of the purchased, that includes:

Asus prime A320M-K
Ryzen 3 g3200
Corsair 8GB ram stick

Previously purchased and working for sure:
Antec VP500PC
Transcend 256GB SSD

Now, after replacing the old motherboard with the new one with the CPU and the RAM, the computer refused to boot!
And the fans wont even spin, theres no light onboard at all, the only indication for power at all is the lan port thats flashing, other then that theres absolutely no indication!

Now I tried taking out the cpu and powering it with only the cooler, nothing.
I tried powering it using a screwdriver incase something is wrong with the button, nothing.
I tried taking every cable out besides the 24pin and the 4pin, nothing.
I ran through a video tutorial of someone installing the exact same setup as me, nothing!

Im at loss here, whats going on?
Is it possible that the motherboard is faulty out-of-box?

Thanks!

Hello guys!
First post here and I'll try to provide as many details as possible
Basically, after trying to upgrade an old computer I figured out theres no point in trying and just completed the rest of the purchased, that includes:

Asus prime A320M-K
Ryzen 3 g3200
Corsair 8GB ram stick

Previously purchased and working for sure:
Antec VP500PC
Transcend 256GB SSD

Now, after replacing the old motherboard with the new one with the CPU and the RAM, the computer refused to boot!
And the fans wont even spin, theres no light onboard at all, the only indication for power at all is the lan port thats flashing, other then that theres absolutely no indication!

Now I tried taking out the cpu and powering it with only the cooler, nothing.
I tried powering it using a screwdriver incase something is wrong with the button, nothing.
I tried taking every cable out besides the 24pin and the 4pin, nothing.
I ran through a video tutorial of someone installing the exact same setup as me, nothing!

Im at loss here, whats going on?
Is it possible that the motherboard is faulty out-of-box?

Thanks!
What about BIOS, did you upgrade/update it ?

Dec 31, 2019
What about BIOS, did you upgrade/update it ?
I know that I need to upgrade it for the cpu, but after checking on google I saw that the motherboard fans should still spin even when the bios is not compatible with the cpu.
I might be wrong though!

Do you think/know an incompatible bios version to cpu can cause the motherboard to not even turn on, fans wont spin and lights onboard to not light up?

Thanks!

I know that I need to upgrade it for the cpu, but after checking on google I saw that the motherboard fans should still spin even when the bios is not compatible with the cpu.
I might be wrong though!

Do you think/know an incompatible bios version to cpu can cause the motherboard to not even turn on, fans wont spin and lights onboard to not light up?

Thanks!
You'll have to try with 100% compatible CPU first. I would try assembling outside of the case as there might be a short somewhere.

Dec 31, 2019
You'll have to try with 100% compatible CPU first. I would try assembling outside of the case as there might be a short somewhere.
Okay so I took out the motherboard and tried to no avail, it still wont even show any lights when the cpu is connected.

Heres a photo of how it basically looks, I saw there should be atleast an orange light on the right side of where the GPU should sit, and it wont even show anything either.

Photo

Are you sure the motherboard might not even power up to spin the fans if the bios is not compatible? because that doesnt sound right..

I also took out to cpu and tested without it and nothing.

Any ideas?

Okay so I took out the motherboard and tried to no avail, it still wont even show any lights when the cpu is connected.

Heres a photo of how it basically looks, I saw there should be atleast an orange light on the right side of where the GPU should sit, and it wont even show anything either.

Photo

Are you sure the motherboard might not even power up to spin the fans if the bios is not compatible? because that doesnt sound right..

I also took out to cpu and tested without it and nothing.

Any ideas?
All looks like connected right but not sure if it should or shouldn't react in some way when it's powered on without CPU or wrong BIOS, some do, some not. I would test PSU next.

Dec 31, 2019
All looks like connected right but not sure if it should or shouldn't react in some way when it's powered on without CPU or wrong BIOS, some do, some not. I would test PSU next.

This PSU is one week old and worked on the same computer with a different setup (I bought a graphics card for only to find out, atleast thats what I thought, that the PSU is not enough, So I replaced it only to find out its not the problem and the motherboard was just not compatible and too old for it)

So anyways the PSU should be completely fine, unless it managed to screw itself up on the 5 minutes between the shutdown to the replacement so I am not sure thats the problem.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS