Build Advice I need a $500-600 PC build for Data Analysis & light AI work ?

Feb 20, 2024
Hi all,

I'm in the process of selecting parts for a new PC build that will serve as a reliable workhorse for data analysis tasks. Here's what I'm looking to create:

**Approximate Purchase Date:** Within the next few weeks

**Budget Range:** $500-600 before rebates and shipping

**System Usage from Most to Least Important:** Data crunching in Excel, running SQL queries, visualization in PowerBI, and some AI/ML work. No gaming or intensive graphical tasks. But high end GPU like 4070 planned in few months

**Are you buying a monitor:** No, not needed

**Parts to Upgrade:** Starting from scratch, I only have a spare 256GB SSD, keyboard, mouse, and monitor. No other components are being reused.

**Do you need to buy OS:** No, I have the OS covered.

**Preferred Website(s) for Parts:** I'm shopping from Mumbai, so I'll be using local sites like Amazon.in, flipkart.com, gameloot.in, and primeabgb.

**Parts Preferences:** I'm looking for the best value for money, so I'm open to both AMD and Intel CPUs.

**Overclocking:** No

**SLI or Crossfire:** Maybe in the future

**Your Monitor Resolution:** Currently WFHD, but considering upgrading to 4K

**Additional Comments:** I'd like the PSU and case to be accommodating for future upgrades and possibly for a high-end GPU down the line. A quiet PC would be a bonus.

**And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:** My current PC is quite old and not keeping up with my data analysis and AI tasks.

I'd greatly appreciate any build suggestions or insights you have. I'm aiming for a setup that can handle my professional requirements efficiently while also giving me room to grow in the future.

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Stylize your post with info asked of in this thread;
then we can move forward.

Please include your location, since the audience is mostly from the US, UK and Australia. A handful from Asia.

Lutfij

Titan
You were suggested a commendable build in this thread;
back in February of this year. The suggestion made there would still stand.

Latest posts