I need a mobo that is LGA775, AGP, DDR400 (4 gigs pref), OC

Gefactor

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
I haven't done anything with my system in ages ... Back when I built it, a 3.2 ghz p4-C was top of the line, and my 6800 ultra was as well.

Here is the deal ... I'm looking to get the cheapest possible upgrade right now, while I wait for quad core/vista/DX10 for my real upgrade.

As such, I am looking to build an intel 805 overclocker system.

I already have 3 gigs of DDR-400 and a 6800 ultra card I will keep to use in this system.

Is there a LGA775 motherboard out that supports DDR400, RAID 0, and AGP8x that does not suck at overclocking? All I see on newegg are microatx boards, and I wouldn't think these would be very good at overclocking.

Again, I don't need a top end motherboard, or any real features other than what I have listed.

This is a "hold me over and tweak" board, not a permanent solution. My single core p4c is getting slow.

Thanks in Advance!

This may be my first post, but I've lurked here for awhile, sucking in information. It feels good to finally post!

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Try the ASrock dual 775 VSTA. Its not a stunning overclocker but its one of the few boards that support Core2, AGP and PCIe and has 2 DDR and 2 DDR2 slots and RAID so its great for transitioning. Its only $55 so its cheap enough not to worry about cost just for a short-term solution.

It only has 2 DDR slots so you won't be able to use all your ram sticks, but as you plan on going quad-core you're gonna need to get some faster ddr2 anyway otherwise you'll be choking your expensive quad cpu just to save a few bucks on memory.

I'm stuck halfway through a build running on ASrock until asus/nvidia actually come out with a good (i.e. not C19-based) sli mobo and the DX10 GPUs come out.

The Asrock has been perfectly stable so far and well worth $55.

Its currently running a core 2 extreme, dual 150GB raptors in raid 0, 1Gb of cheap DDR2, and an AGP 6800 ultra.

conroe

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
The Asus P5P800 SE does most of that. No RAID support and it will not run Conroe. It has Vcore options so it should easily overclock better than the 775DualVISA. While 775DualVISA can only use 2 gigs of RAM, the P5P800 SE can use four 1 gig sticks.

tiotaitch

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
You should be able to get an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo fairly cheap these days> Great o'clocker,lot's a features !