Question I need advise with psu to choose for NOT gaming mini itx pc

nano81

Reputable
Feb 21, 2017
Hello there!

i'm building mitx pc for everything but gaming, i've never build such small one before.
Using popular power calculator website i got these resaults:

Load Wattage: 103 W
Recommended PSU Wattage: 153 W

the spec I'm puting together is:

Asrock H570M-ITX/ac
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
I5-10600
2x8 Corsair: CMK16X4M2B3200C16 (will be overcloacked with xmp preset in bios)
Noctua NH-L9i chromax.Black
no GPU just integrated one.

I don't know how to sort out power supply :/ i know i have to buy some pcp board which gets in, connected to mobo rail directly or something
and then some psu brick or maybe some other solutionss? can someone who knows about it help me choose that? or even exact model should i buy ? i dont want to spend milions on it
but it has to be reliable and sufficient to power everything without hussle.

thank you in advance.

nano81

Reputable
Feb 21, 2017
Depends on what's available in your country.

If it's available:
Cooler Master MWE Bronze 450w V2
be quiet! Pure Power 11 400w
Bitfenix Formula Gold 450w
are good ATX PSUs

Corsair SF450 and Silverstone ST30SF V2 are good SFX PSUs for such system.

I'm sure these PSUs are good but its all internal for big computers...

I'm building mini-itx pc just to give you idea how small it is - here are case dimensions
186mm (W) x 42mm (H) x 181mm (D), 1.41 liters

I'm sure these PSUs are good but its all internal for big computers...

I'm building mini-itx pc just to give you idea how small it is - here are case dimensions
186mm (W) x 42mm (H) x 181mm (D), 1.41 liters

If you're having to ask then it's not a good idea running a dc-dc converter board from a 12v pico style psu.

The board you picked is standard atx spec meaning it requires 12v, 5v and 3.3v

I don't believe there are any comet lake boards that have dc conversion built in and take a 12v input only.

Either up the size of the case to fit a mitx psu or buy something prebuilt if you really require a pc that small.

nano81

Reputable
Feb 21, 2017
If you're having to ask then it's not a good idea running a dc-dc converter board from a 12v pico style psu.

I don't believe there are any comet lake boards that have dc conversion built in and take a 12v input only.

Either up the size of the case to fit a mitx psu or buy something prebuilt if you really require a pc that small.

I found this - but not sure if its good for my built - need some expert to confirm

https://hdplex.com/hdplex-200w-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html

De picopsu has dc-dc converters on the board with fixed 24p ATX.