Question I need help determining cause of black screen ?

May 2, 2022
I have built my computer over a year ago, the current issue is a no post/black screen.
I have a beeper, there is no beep after power on ( the beeper works I use it everyday)

How it happened:
I turned pc on and it did ( 1long 2short beeps) and then turned off and back on. Did the same thing again.
then when it turned back on the 3rd time it did a faint single beep and stayed on a black screen.
And now it will black screen with no boot.

I took all ram out (too see what happens) and it did the ram issue code, I powered down and put ram back in, powered on and still black screen.

question, does the it beep if there is a dead CPU?

CPU: ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: b550m-a
RAM: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 2x m.2 & 2.5 1tb - all Samsung
GPU: RTX 3060 TI
PSU: Corsair 750w gold
Chassis: Custom/sleeper
Monitor: AOC 144hz 27in

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

^ please be as detailed as possible with the above specs list. You could try and disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS for at least 30 minutes before replacing and seeing if that allows your system to power up. You might want to source a donor PSU and see if that revives your build.

In all honesty, it could be a dead CPU...though in order to come to that conclusion you'll need to rule the other parts in your build being the culprit, which will mean having spare parts at hand.

May 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

^ please be as detailed as possible with the above specs list. You could try and disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS for at least 30 minutes before replacing and seeing if that allows your system to power up. You might want to source a donor PSU and see if that revives your build.

In all honesty, it could be a dead CPU...though in order to come to that conclusion you'll need to rule the other parts in your build being the culprit, which will mean having spare parts at hand.
Yea I don’t have any parts at home instead of windows XP and Vista computers sitting around