Question I need help. I have a 25L Omen PC, GT12-0xxx. I replaced the Hyper X Fury DDR 4 8 gb RAM with two 16 GB RAM Vengeance 3200. I keep getting bluescreens

May 24, 2024
Errors are

BSOD Exception Invalid Stack

... Ugh I don't know waht to do I'm not an expert at this. It varies.

I wanted an upgrade. I game a bit.
At first I put these 2 new 16 ram Vengeances with the Hyper X and I got 3 long beeps with 2 fast ones. This Omen has 4 ports. I put the vengeance in the 1st and 3rd port. It worked instead of having all 4 (2 vengeances 16 gb and 2 hyper x fury 8 gb)

I don't know I'm being specific enough but I will specify more.

Lutfij

Titan
I put the vengeance in the 1st and 3rd port. It worked instead of having all 4 (2 vengeances 16 gb and 2 hyper x fury 8 gb)
If you're mixing and matching rams then that's why you're getting your issues. Pass on the SKU's for both ram kits.

May 24, 2024
I put the vengeance in the 1st and 3rd port. It worked instead of having all 4 (2 vengeances 16 gb and 2 hyper x fury 8 gb)
If you're mixing and matching rams then that's why you're getting your issues. Pass on the SKU's for both ram kits.
No I didn't do that. Right now in the machine there are the new ram cards the 16s. And I'm getting blue screens.

When I mixed rams I couldn't start the machine and only got beeps.

May 24, 2024
Do you want the sku for both sets of 2 ram cards? or the new or old

Lutfij

Titan
Both kits of ram, please. In fact, let's make it easier on you, pass on the links to the ram kits or images of the stickered side of the ram.

Can you see if your BIOS is pending an update. In order to do the aforementioned sentence, you should work with the sticks of ram that came with your build out of the box.

May 24, 2024
PS if I put the old ones in now they don't work and I get the 3 beeps followed by 2...[vulgarity redacted].

I went back to my new ones. Interrupt exception not handled BSOD. Quite confusing.

Also they seem to work without error when I put them in the 2nd and 4th slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2024
Both kits of ram, please. In fact, let's make it easier on you, pass on the links to the ram kits or images of the stickered side of the ram.

Can you see if your BIOS is pending an update. In order to do the aforementioned sentence, you should work with the sticks of ram that came with your build out of the box.
I checked my bios and apparently I didn’t see anything

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and take an eraser to the gold contacts of the sticks of ram and wipe them clean. Make sure there's no eraser lint and then drop them into the ram slots. You should drop the ram into slots A2 and B2 or slots 2 and 4 if you start from the left.

Have you verified if the rams work on a donor system without a hiccup? If they don't, then the rams might very well be the issue. Just curious, why do the new sticks of ram look like they were purchased used?

What BIOS version are you on? Use your serial number for your HP Prebuilt on HP's support site and cross reference the BIOS version you have on your build.

May 24, 2024
You could try and take an eraser to the gold contacts of the sticks of ram and wipe them clean. Make sure there's no eraser lint and then drop them into the ram slots. You should drop the ram into slots A2 and B2 or slots 2 and 4 if you start from the left.

Have you verified if the rams work on a donor system without a hiccup? If they don't, then the rams might very well be the issue. Just curious, why do the new sticks of ram look like they were purchased used?

What BIOS version are you on? Use your serial number for your HP Prebuilt on HP's support site and cross reference the BIOS version you have on your build.
I looked at the BIOS on the website put in windows 11, 25L GT12 everything, found that the BIOS was updated this april, and when I downloaded it it said it was older than the one I currently had lol.

May 24, 2024

How am I able to tell if they were purchased used? I got them off amazon. Idk? I think I did slight damage to them as I've never done this before but the scratches seem minuscule.

May 24, 2024
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...DD7RPH2TAM08PYcxx2j3CH2bMe8rxGLCw&oe=6678F470

As you can see here I got the BIOS right.

Btw they seem to be owrking now. I'll try to start up a lot of vidoo games and see if the BSOD reoccurs.

If I start form the left, it's the ones on the far right that I put next to eachother, the vengeances.

But waht I did was airbrush the cards and get rid ofa ll lint. ANd I put the new vengeances in the 1 and 2 slot.

That doesn't EXPLAIN however why the original 2 I had with this computer are causing beeps. Does new software install when I use the new cards? lol.

May 24, 2024
I think there might have been a power issue. The BSOD can be because of that often right?

I think my wall outlet plug wasn't fully in while fiddling around when I was trying to get the cards to fit in properly (I haven't done this before). (Also I have a vpn rerouter the outlet itself is plugged into that isn't very ergonomic for staying to the wall lol. It's the white block thing.

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...-V377Q_WPrnmNLUi68&thread_id=2547870495264207

As you can see if I pulled something it may have caused a power issue? I made doubly sure to press into the outlet. idk. It's been on for around... 6+ hours? without a single BSOD.

Still might not explain the anomaly behind the old cards not working.