i need help plz

yeah my computer is messed up and i just received it as a present. um i have
a shuttle spacewalker and it has a pentium 3 1.0Ghz.it also has 256Mb of
Memory and a S3 twister graphics chip built in . the problem i keep having is
my computer restarts by itself when ever i try to play music play a game
using the 3d graphics or if i try to change configurations at all for example
display properties or sound properties or system properties etc.also it
randomly restarts by itself for no reason sometimes i checked the systems
advanced power settings and automactic restart was never on. also when i run
in safe mode it work better a little the sometimes it restart in safe mode to
so i don't think its hardware related.plz help me man i know you guyz have to
be good heheHeHe stewie rules

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:11:02 -0800, smb28 wrote:

> also it
> randomly restarts

Sounds like a hardware problem, perhaps faulty RAM. Test with a
RAM diagnostic tool such as this one:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Also, it wouldn't hurt to talk to tech support for that system. Since it is
new, you are still under warranty and that usually covers problems with bad
hardware.

Another thought: Check power supply connections and that cables are
connected securely.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"smb28" <smb28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> yeah my computer is messed up and i just received it as a present. um i
> have
> a shuttle spacewalker and it has a pentium 3 1.0Ghz.it also has 256Mb of
> Memory and a S3 twister graphics chip built in . the problem i keep having
> is
> my computer restarts by itself when ever i try to play music play a game
> using the 3d graphics or if i try to change configurations at all for
> example
> display properties or sound properties or system properties etc.also it
> randomly restarts by itself for no reason sometimes i checked the systems
> advanced power settings and automactic restart was never on. also when i
> run
> in safe mode it work better a little the sometimes it restart in safe mode
> so i don't think its hardware related.plz help me man i know you guyz have
> be good heheHeHe stewie rules

Overheating, bad ram, flaky video card or bad drivers, bad power supply.

However, if it's new, you shouldn't have to do the troubleshooting. Call the
manufacturer to see what they say.