[SOLVED] I need help to find a compatible GPU ?

quocdu_2310

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
INFORMATION:
MAIN: G1 SNIPER 5
CPU: I5-4670K
HDD: 500GB
RAM: CORSAIR 16GB (2X8)-1333MHz-DDR3
POWER SUPPLY: 550W

So i am thinking about GTX 1080 maybe it will be compatible with my PC but i think the bottleneck percent will be high.
Anyone can help me find a compatible with my PC ? Maybe GTX 16 Series or GTX 10 Series ?

Solution
You can look up the performance reviews for the RTX3060 in game titles that interest you. RTX3060 is a fine 1080p card, and even an okay 1440p card. GTX1080 is just now slipping into the okay 1440p territory in the latest games. GTX1660 Super is also a good 1080p card, not as fast as the 3060, but something that does appear to be available today. This paying almost triple its MSRP to get it.

As for a bottleneck, depends how you use it. If you set a high resolution and settings the burden will be on the GPU. If you go for maximum FPS, the burden will shift to the CPU.

A quad core without hyperthreading in today's gaming environment is not ideal. There are many games where you will be limited by your CPU and not the graphics settings...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A few 1660 Super in that price range around available new.

Otherwise it would be trying your luck on getting an RTX 3060, even at crazy prices, probably a better option.

Also maybe pick up a i7-4790k while you are at it, as cheap as $100 and will make a difference when paired up with a faster GPU. Could also use some faster memory, but that isn't as important.

quocdu_2310

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
A few 1660 Super in that price range around available new.

Otherwise it would be trying your luck on getting an RTX 3060, even at crazy prices, probably a better option.

Also maybe pick up a i7-4790k while you are at it, as cheap as $100 and will make a difference when paired up with a faster GPU. Could also use some faster memory, but that isn't as important.
Does the RTX 3060 will work good when i try hard with AAA game and how many percent i will get a bottleneck ? And the the 1660 Super still can work well with my PC ? I think it will be a miracle 😁

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can look up the performance reviews for the RTX3060 in game titles that interest you. RTX3060 is a fine 1080p card, and even an okay 1440p card. GTX1080 is just now slipping into the okay 1440p territory in the latest games. GTX1660 Super is also a good 1080p card, not as fast as the 3060, but something that does appear to be available today. This paying almost triple its MSRP to get it.

As for a bottleneck, depends how you use it. If you set a high resolution and settings the burden will be on the GPU. If you go for maximum FPS, the burden will shift to the CPU.

A quad core without hyperthreading in today's gaming environment is not ideal. There are many games where you will be limited by your CPU and not the graphics settings. As I mentioned, an i7-4790k will drop right in and double your thread count. This will help in many games and is a relatively cheap upgrade. Anything else means replacing the motherboard and memory. (You can also just look for i7-4770, i7-4771, and regular i7-4790, which will be a little cheaper but don't offer overclocking)

Solution

quocdu_2310

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019

A quad core without hyperthreading in today's gaming environment is not ideal. There are many games where you will be limited by your CPU and not the graphics settings. As I mentioned, an i7-4790k will drop right in and double your thread count. This will help in many games and is a relatively cheap upgrade. Anything else means replacing the motherboard and memory. (You can also just look for i7-4770, i7-4771, and regular i7-4790, which will be a little cheaper but don't offer overclocking)
Well i will play some games like: COD: MW + WZ, GTA, and maybe some more games which had great graphics because i like them at high resolution and Ultra Settings so i think i will invest on mainboard and CPU first because the GPU is going crazy right now. Do you think it's a good idea ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
DDR3 is a little old school. 4th gen is what I used to recommend for used budget gamers to build around. Though AMDs lower end parts made that a losing proposition until this recent shortage of the lower end parts.

I see the 3200G is back in stock.

Intel 10th chips are on a bit of a sale, so something like a 10600K would make a lot of sense if you can't manage to get an R5-5600X.

quocdu_2310

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
DDR3 is a little old school. 4th gen is what I used to recommend for used budget gamers to build around. Though AMDs lower end parts made that a losing proposition until this recent shortage of the lower end parts.

I see the 3200G is back in stock.

Intel 10th chips are on a bit of a sale, so something like a 10600K would make a lot of sense if you can't manage to get an R5-5600X.
Ok got that, thanks for your help