Question I see my desktop background(apps, search bar) through the programs I use or games I play. Please check images.

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Yeah It was just the search bar before, I realized its slightly visible when playing games, now then I started seeing apps (perhaps they were visible all along I just didn't notice them) its only visible at some certain colors mostly the dark ones.

I'm sorry I can't add images normally how i do, it says something went wrong so you guys have to manually check it :C

https://pasteboard.co/INr4sIh.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/INr4Jpj.png

Thanks.

PC specs:

Windows 10
Gtx 970
i5 3570
8gb ram
SSD Samsung 850evo

Monitor : asus 24 vg248qe

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Yes, I use my monitor for long periods of time, but I'm not using it while I sleep, but they are always there.
I did the dead pixel test and I couldn't see any of those in any colors except for the black, in black color the search bar is slightly visible but less than what it supposed to be.
Also, my room is cold its not like summer or anything (if that helps..)

My question is, if its monitor burn-in then why do i only see some specific places such as search bar or some apps on the desktop?
I will update here if my problem starts to decay when i cool the monitor.

Yes, I use my monitor for long periods of time, but I'm not using it while I sleep, but they are always there.
I did the dead pixel test and I couldn't see any of those in any colors except for the black, in black color the search bar is slightly visible but less than what it supposed to be.
Also, my room is cold its not like summer or anything (if that helps..)

My question is, if its monitor burn-in then why do i only see some specific places such as search bar or some apps on the desktop?
I will update here if my problem starts to decay when i cool the monitor.

Yes, if the image is there all the time, and it's the same image in the same spot, it's burned in.

Just a guess but it looks like an outlines of your Icons. Since white is the brightest and will do more damage. It is odd that the center areas are dark, you may want to change to darker icons or put everything in the start menu.

yasinzz

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Just a guess but it looks like an outlines of your Icons. Since white is the brightest and will do more damage. It is odd that the center areas are dark, you may want to change to darker icons or put everything in the start menu.
I'm also using the screen mode on scenery mode rather than standard, which gives me brighter colors and more contrast etc. Maybe because of that?

You could reduce brightness a bit, it will help.
Your best bet is a screen saver that changes pictures / backgrounds
It cant be burned in if it keeps moving. Just make sure it has a short timer to turn on when you not around. Think of the light beam as the sun with a magnifying glass and the damage it can do. Thankfully the light beam is less powerful than the sun.