[SOLVED] I suddenly cannot enter my router settings and my 5ghz network is disappearing

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone,so I have encountered a problem today.When I type 192.168.0.1 into my browser(firefox) it says that connection is timed out.I have used this before and it has worked.I also checked ipconfig and used several browsers but the problem still persists(checked troubleshooting as well).As for the 5ghz network it keeps disappearing for an hour or two and then coming back which is really annoying.I can still connect to the 2,4ghz one,but it is much slower.One more thing to point out,I have tried to connect to my router settings on both networks and it still doesn't work.
Thank you in advance for any help

Solution
Make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some insight. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will needed help from that person.

Are there multiple routers in your network?

On your computer are you sure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled?

You mentioned 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz so, in your case I would expect that only the wireless adapter is enabled.

What wireless adapter is installed?

Try downloading the applicable drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure.

Run and post the results of ipconfig /all via the Command Prompt.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some insight. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will needed help from that person.

Are there multiple routers in your network?

On your computer are you sure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled?

You mentioned 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz so, in your case I would expect that only the wireless adapter is enabled.

What wireless adapter is installed?

Try downloading the applicable drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure.

Run and post the results of ipconfig /all via the Command Prompt.

Solution