[SOLVED] I upgraded to an RTX 3060 --- now there's no display ?

Jul 9, 2021
Hi all, need to ask for some help on this one. Thanks in advance.
I have an HP Omen Obelisk. It has an I7, 16g ram, 600w PSU, and it came with a 1060. I just barely managed to squeeze in a Gigabyte RTX 3060 12g by cutting out some of the case for holding an HDD. I tried to boot up but I get no display. Lights are coming on for the GPU. Fans start, but if I stop them with my finger they don’t start back up. Is the issue my motherboard or insufficient PSU? There’s no input for motherboard display unit but I do have the 1060 I’m about to put back into it.

I mean I really squeezed this thing in, guys. It’s pressing HARD against the power cables for the motherboard which is located right below the PCI-E slot for the card. This motherboard was really not made with this sort of GPU in mind, that’s obvious.

All help is appreciated.

Solution
I mean I really squeezed this thing in, guys. It’s pressing HARD against the power cables for the motherboard which is located right below the PCI-E slot for the card. This motherboard was really not made with this sort of GPU in mind, that’s obvious.
Did you connect the PCIE power cables to the graphics card properly? You have to Insert the PCIe cables into all the PCIe slots on the graphics card.
did you connect the video cable to the card?

And if the case doesn't accomodate the graphics card, you can set it up with a stand like this...

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Did you connect the PCIE power cables to the graphics card properly? You have to Insert the PCIe cables into all the PCIe slots on the graphics card.
did you connect the video cable to the card?

And if the case doesn't accomodate the graphics card, you can set it up with a stand like this:

https://www.amazon.in/DEEPCOOL-Grap...&hvtargid=pla-1052453379824&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Solution