Discussion I want buy a 4k monitor for my pc help me?

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I currently got upgraded from 1070 ti to RTX 4080 for my build which perfectly working, this is my current Build and I am considering 4k in case I want to play some games in 4k and 144hz refresh rate in case I want more fps and I feel 144hz is perfect refresh for that, one thing my friend told me that I should never buy less than 32-inch monitor in 4k for scaling purposes, is it true I want to make sure to have enough info to know what should I chose so I can start saving money for it and also I want to ask about G-sync and free sync to my knowledge since I have Nvidea I should only buy G-Sync monitor right? can someone explain to me and what should my search be based on and what should I focus to meet my requirement.

I should never buy less than 32-inch monitor in 4k for scaling purposes,
I wouldn't agree personally. I think hes thinking everything will look too small, but you can scale things on Windows 10 and 11 to make everything larger. In older versions of windows everything was a fixed number of pixels so as you increased the resolution everything got smaller. That hasn't been true for a very long time though.

He could be concerned about scaling issues maybe, I scale to 125% on a 1440p 27" monitor because I don't like text and what have you to be too small. I've only encountered scaling issues on lower resolutions though, in that some windows don't fit the screen properly and even then that was rare.

I think 32" makes sense for 4k, but it's certainly not a requirement. For high refresh rate gaming I would look at IPS displays. LG's nano IPS range is pretty solid and they do have 4k options.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I wouldn't agree personally. I think hes thinking everything will look too small, but you can scale things on Windows 10 and 11 to make everything larger. In older versions of windows everything was a fixed number of pixels so as you increased the resolution everything got smaller. That hasn't been true for a very long time though.

He could be concerned about scaling issues maybe, I scale to 125% on a 1440p 27" monitor because I don't like text and what have you to be too small. I've only encountered scaling issues on lower resolutions though, in that some windows don't fit the screen properly and even then that was rare.

I think 32" makes sense for 4k, but it's certainly not a requirement. For high refresh rate gaming I would look at IPS displays. LG's nano IPS range is pretty solid and they do have 4k options.
thx for the reply it helped me understand on what should I look for

Endre

Honorable
I currently got upgraded from 1070 ti to RTX 4080 for my build which perfectly working, this is my current Build and I am considering 4k in case I want to play some games in 4k and 144hz refresh rate in case I want more fps and I feel 144hz is perfect refresh for that, one thing my friend told me that I should never buy less than 32-inch monitor in 4k for scaling purposes, is it true I want to make sure to have enough info to know what should I chose so I can start saving money for it and also I want to ask about G-sync and free sync to my knowledge since I have Nvidea I should only buy G-Sync monitor right? can someone explain to me and what should my search be based on and what should I focus to meet my requirement.
Hello!

Display scaling & display size are 2 separate things.
The idea is that on 4K, 5K, 8K displays certain elements that haven't been optimized for high resolutions will look tiny or blurry.

As a 4K display user, I can tell you that, usually, old un-updated programs have this issue.

Programs can be put into 3 cathegories:
1. High-DPI compatible programs.
2. Programs that can be forced to be high-DPI compatible (You'll need to manually tweak some settings).
3. Programs that are high-DPI incompatible.

PS: You do not need a 32" 4K display, especially if your desk is small & you're staying close to the screen.
You can safely choose a 27", or even 24" 4K display.

I hope this helps...

TRENDING THREADS