[SOLVED] i want to buy a monitor but i cant decide if i want 75 hz or 144 hz?

timtim065

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019
i really need a new monitor but i cant really decide if i want 144 hz or 75 hz.i play mainly cs:go and league of legends i have 144+ fps in both of the games and i cant really decide if i really need a 144hz monitor.
my pc:
i5 7400
rx 570 4 gb
8 gb ddr4
i can provide you with other information if its needed.

Solution
I'd buy the fastest monitor you can reasonably afford, especially since you are getting over 144FPS already. Keep in mind the response time is important too and you want that as low as possible.

Other features to consider are IPS/VA/TN. IPS and VA are better then TN for viewing angles but tend to have a slower response time. Do you want HDR, AMD FreeSync, NVidia G-Sync, etc.

Also since you only have 8GB DDR4 I would recommend upgrading to at least 16GB of DDR4. It makes a big difference for me having gone from 8GB to 24GB. Although I do believe 16GB would have been enough for my needs.
I'd buy the fastest monitor you can reasonably afford, especially since you are getting over 144FPS already. Keep in mind the response time is important too and you want that as low as possible.

Other features to consider are IPS/VA/TN. IPS and VA are better then TN for viewing angles but tend to have a slower response time. Do you want HDR, AMD FreeSync, NVidia G-Sync, etc.

Also since you only have 8GB DDR4 I would recommend upgrading to at least 16GB of DDR4. It makes a big difference for me having gone from 8GB to 24GB. Although I do believe 16GB would have been enough for my needs.

Solution

timtim065

Reputable
Aug 29, 2019

i want freesync to be sure its pretty much as smooth as it can get at other games that i cant get 144 fps.
ill upgrade my RAM but i really need monitor right now im with a 16 yo TN 5 ms monitor.
also what you will say about this monitor : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/model/UM.FX0EE.001

i want freesync to be sure its pretty much as smooth as it can get at other games that i cant get 144 fps.
ill upgrade my RAM but i really need monitor right now im with a 16 yo TN 5 ms monitor.
also what you will say about this monitor : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/model/UM.FX0EE.001

if you play shooters

cs go/fortnite/etc

youll want a fast monitor

144hz matters in these games note run it threw the display port to get the 144hz

i am using a 75hz ips and its ok for some games.

things to consider
best va panel you can afford with lowest time ya can get

or best tn panel personally wouldnt go with that monitor

its while it may support 144hz from the hdmi i personally would get one with a display port incase your card doesnt play nice.

tarunagg

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Which monitor you suggest for 28inch
HDR
2K if 4K ... okay ill go for that too
i want best visual quality while watching movies can spend 700$ around i am from india
i play games too .. have a decent PC so it can handle i am sure of that.

I dont like curved monitors.....

i already have PD2700Q Benq and i am not satisfied with this

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Which monitor you suggest for 28inch
HDR
2K if 4K ... okay ill go for that too
i want best visual quality while watching movies can spend 700$ around i am from india
i play games too .. have a decent PC so it can handle i am sure of that.

I dont like curved monitors.....

i already have PD2700Q Benq and i am not satisfied with this

QHD is the way to go, I think that is what you mean with 2K.

For 4K especially in FPS you need a PC more than decent. And you will need to adjust dpi to read what is written on the screen, and it causes problems in Excel and other Office stuff.

I have Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD. I bought it in a sale, but still it is not that expensive and good.

tarunagg

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
QHD is the way to go, I think that is what you mean with 2K.

For 4K especially in FPS you need a PC more than decent. And you will need to adjust dpi to read what is written on the screen, and it causes problems in Excel and other Office stuff.

I have Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD. I bought it in a sale, but still it is not that expensive and good.
INTEL I5-8600K
Asus strix Z370-F Gaming
16 GB DDR 4
MSI TITANIUM 1070TI

and yes i work too so thats why i am not going for the 4K

thats why i am going for 2K max for movies and gaming best picture quality

EDIT specs looks soo good https://www.aorus.com/AD27QD
753.16 $$ here