I want to start a YouTube Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmaverick

Commendable
Apr 7, 2017
Hi there,

I have a lot of interest in starting a YouTube channel.

I had started another channel before but I was like hidden in it, I basically did voice overs over videos & picture slide shows posting car reviews & news related to auto industry. It showed steady results but I was not consistent with it, I posted around 30 videos in 2 years, it is still online btw but the traffic is too low.

Btw, I want to start a channel with my name now. I want to do like podcasts something but I have nothing in mind.

Any ideas? Tips? Suggestions?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
My Advice is don't come across like a rambling, unprofessional adolescent like a few of the PC hardware reviewers on YouTube.
I recently tried to watch a few reviews that some people who came here looking for help referred us to and I could NOT get through the entire video a few of these so called "professional" reviewers posted.
They were rambling unprofessional messes with very little solid info.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsmaverick

itsmaverick

Commendable
Apr 7, 2017
My Advice is don't come across like a rambling, unprofessional adolescent like a few of the PC hardware reviewers on YouTube.
I recently tried to watch a few reviews some that people who came here looking for help referred us to and I could NOT get through the entire video a few of these so called reviewers posted.
They were rambling unprofessional messes with very little solid info.
Yep, thats why I am not going towards reviews right now because they need to be professional and require a proper setup plus initially you don't get any sponsored content, so you have to fund the stuff to review yourself.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I'd look at Youtude and see what types of pod casts get the most hits over years Not just flash in the pan trends and then see what you think you could offer that others may be lacking on one or more of the most popular topics.

Reactions: itsmaverick

USAFRet

Titan
Exactly, that is what I want suggestions about.

Woodworking
Auto repair
The design and reconstruction of classic 1970's era speakers
The joys of elastic shoelaces
Photography
Gnarly local mountain bike trails, highlighted by video from your helmetcam
Computer storage devices and their differences in 2019

Those are some of the things I'm interested in.
What are you interested in? What can you speak about intelligently?

itsmaverick

Commendable
Apr 7, 2017
Woodworking
Auto repair
The design and reconstruction of classic 1970's era speakers
The joys of elastic shoelaces
Photography
Gnarly local mountain bike trails, highlighted by video from your helmetcam
Computer storage devices and their differences in 2019

Those are some of the things I'm interested in.
What are you interested in? What can you speak about intelligently?
maybe politics or daily life. I can talk about tech but that would require reviews & proper setup. Initially, I was thinking pod casts because I would want to invite people on my podcasts and talk to them like some public figures, local youtubers etc.

[C]oopeZz

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Very important thing to start on youtube is making videos because you want, because you feel happy while recording and because you're doing it for yourself. Keep in mind that you cant push yourself to release videos when you are not in the mood to record/edit videos. You want to find people which enjoy your released videos no matter what "quality" it is, that's the whole point. You're not looking for people, people must looking for your content. My hint: Go & do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.