I was givin old routers,can you guys help me decide which one to keep?

trainergames

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Ok a while back my uncle gave me some old routers that he did not use anymore,he told me they all work,i am on the internet a lot i game a lot,(pc and xbox) i also watch a lot of you tube,and download stuff quite often, so i will need a good one,now i will not be using it right away,cause i am living with family till i can save up enough to get my own place,but will be using it when i get my own place,wireless on not a must have(in fact i don't like it)but it would be a nice extra for when family comes to visit.

Ok here is a list of each router:

Linksys BEFSR41
Linksys BEFSR41 ver.4
Linksys WRT54G V8
Linksys WRT54GS V7
TRENDnet TEW-432BRP
Linksys EZXS88W ver.3.1 workgroup switch

Please explain your reason for which ever one you suggest,cause i am trying to learn more about routers also.

Thank you guys so much for the help.

Solution
I'd keep two: the Linksys WRT54G V8 and Linksys WRT54GS V7. I'd flash both with dd-wrt (I think they are both the 2mb versions, so use the correct mini firmware). One could be your router and the other an access point or bridge. Read the wiki dd-wrt pages on the routers. Both are G wireless and solid units in my experience.

The other stuff is either wired only or not as good a unit. The switch is only necessary if you intend to have more than four wired devices. Of course none of the devices are gigabit wired or N wireless, but they are usable units.

RealBeast

Titan
I'd keep two: the Linksys WRT54G V8 and Linksys WRT54GS V7. I'd flash both with dd-wrt (I think they are both the 2mb versions, so use the correct mini firmware). One could be your router and the other an access point or bridge. Read the wiki dd-wrt pages on the routers. Both are G wireless and solid units in my experience.

The other stuff is either wired only or not as good a unit. The switch is only necessary if you intend to have more than four wired devices. Of course none of the devices are gigabit wired or N wireless, but they are usable units.

Solution