Question i5-11400 - CineBench R23 With A Badly Seated Cooler = 95ºC Temperature Spikes. Did I Damage This CPU In Any Way?

AtomikDjakareh_32G

Prominent
Aug 25, 2022
The cooler seemed to be mounted correctly... I then decided to try CineBench R23...
Immediatelly the fan went very loud... and coretemp showed short bursts of 85 to 95ºC...

I shut the computer down and double checked the cooler mounting... it wasn't seated properly...
I corrected the issue... now under the same CineBench R23 test, the CPU rarely goes over 72ºC...

Today again I opened up the machine again and triple checked that the heatsink was properly mounted...

Did I make any damage to the processor that will eventually show up in the distant future?

BTW this is by far the best Intel CPU I ever owned... In Passmark it scored 17234 points...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Max temp on your Intel is 100°C ±, anything above that and the cpu will decide for itself as to whether it needs to slowdown to drop temps, or simply shutdown to save its own a&&.

It's seriously hard to do any damage to a cpu thermally, it protects itself, so if the cpu decided it was still good, you have nothing to worry about.