[SOLVED] i5-6600k and gtx 1060 feels underwhelming

Aug 17, 2019
As the title says, my rig doesn't feel like it's working at full power. I bought Battlefield 1 recently and the fps I'm getting is just underwhelming. It fluctuates between 30-60 fps on every single setting preset besides ultra(which is obviously more demanding). I'm thinking it would be my processor bottlenecking? Or my ram?
My specifications:
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
Intel Core i5-6600k 3,5GHZ
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GIGABYTE B250M-DS3H Motherboard
And a 20$ 550w PSU

This one works just fine for me now. I will upgrade to a bettter one as soon as i save up a bit of money
A cheap psu puts the whole system at risk, what if it fails the next time you switch it on and damages other components. A low quality psu is never acceptable especially in a gaming pc. There are lots of cheap psu’s that cannot safely provide their claimed wattage, Google cheap psu failure videos.

Aug 17, 2019
This is a combination of both using a quad core cpu and 8gb RAM. BF1 is one of several newer games that really need more than a 4 core/thread cpu and to avoid stuttering need more than 8gb RAM.
I know these are not the best components out there but this guy
has a similar setup to mine and for him the game runs at a solid 60 fps mark and mine runs half that in similar conditions and clutter on screen

Aug 17, 2019
A cheap psu puts the whole system at risk, what if it fails the next time you switch it on and damages other components. A low quality psu is never acceptable especially in a gaming pc. There are lots of cheap psu’s that cannot safely provide their claimed wattage, Google cheap psu failure videos.
And thank you guys for your advices. I will definetly upgrade my psu soon

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
I know these are not the best components out there but this guy
has a similar setup to mine and for him the game runs at a solid 60 fps mark and mine runs half that in similar conditions and clutter on screen
From his RAM usage he is clearly has more than 8gb and he could have a cpu overclock. The 6600k was a good overclocker but that’s not a option with your motherboard. BF1 & BFV are known to saturate quad core CPU’s, larger maps suffer the worst.

As the title says, my rig doesn't feel like it's working at full power. I bought Battlefield 1 recently and the fps I'm getting is just underwhelming. It fluctuates between 30-60 fps on every single setting preset besides ultra(which is obviously more demanding). I'm thinking it would be my processor bottlenecking? Or my ram?
My specifications:
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
Intel Core i5-6600k 3,5GHZ
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
GIGABYTE B250M-DS3H Motherboard
And a 20$ 550w PSU
PSU might be the issue. 8GB of DDR3 is it 1x8 or 2x4?