Question i7 10700KF OVERHEAT Problem

Jan 5, 2023
Hello! I've an i7 10700KF on a MSI Z490 Gaming Edge motherboard, I'm water cooling my CPU with a Enermax Liqmax III RGB 240 in a Enermax StarryFort SF30 RGB case but my CPU is still overheating.
PLEASE don't say there is a lot of forums about this issue because I've read all of them already and none of them solved my problem.
MSI Dragon Center says my CPU temperature is between 50c to 60c when I'm completely idle in desktop!
When I'm playing Call of Duty Warzone 2 it goes up to 95c - 100c but my computer never shut downed it self.
I've replaced my thermal paste today with one of best Grizzly thermal which its a pink colored thermal but nothing happened.

Jan 5, 2023
Is the pump power cable connected to the mobo? If so, your board SHOULD report the pump rpm.

Is the AIO new or used?
@tennis2 I've this case for over 2 years and in today I've realized this is my CPU temperature unfortunately. 2 years ago I've bought this case new.
Yea it shows the pump RPM at over 3500 which is the max rpm of this pump rpm.

Where is the AIO rad installed? front or top?
What are the fan airflow directions? Front intake? top/rear exhaust?

Are you willing to conduct an experiment?
Take the glass front panel off the case. It should be connected like a standard front panel, with compression posts. An assertive tug on each of the 4 corners should remove it. See if that changes your temps.

Jan 5, 2023
Where is the AIO rad installed? front or top?
What are the fan airflow directions? Front intake? top/rear exhaust?

Are you willing to conduct an experiment?
Take the glass front panel off the case. It should be connected like a standard front panel, with compression posts. An assertive tug on each of the 4 corners should remove it. See if that changes your temps.
@tennis2 Radiator is installed in the top of the case, fans get air from outside the case and flow it inside.
No I've already tested removing the case panel, does not effect the CPU, but GPU gets 1c - 3c cooler.

my CPU temperature is between 50c to 60c when I'm completely idle
That seems high. Open the Task Manager, go to the Details tab and see if anything significant is running on your computer.

I have a similar 10850K which has 2 more cores compared to your CPU and I have a similar sized AIO Corsair cooler.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...oling/iCUE-RGB-PRO-XT-Coolers/p/CW-9060044-WW

When running at 5000 MHz, all cores when idle are under 30°C.

QToZiAC.png

Are you 100% sure that your cooler is installed correctly? There seems to be a problem if your idle temps are that high. Either your cooler is defective or it was not properly installed. The block needs to be tight to the CPU for good heat transfer. Some people do not use enough thermal paste.

Run HWiNFO to double check your temperatures. Also look at what VCore voltage HWiNFO reports while your CPU is fully loaded running Cinebench R23. Some motherboards use too much voltage. This can add a lot of unnecessary heat to a computer.

My full load temps while running Cinebench at 4800 MHz are about the same as your idle temps.
This cooler can keep the CPU at 58°C even when power consumption is 171.0 W.

prLOazl.png

Jan 5, 2023
@uWebb429 I'm sure the cooler is installed correctly and I replaced the thermal paste a few days ago, even in the idle MSI program says your pump is in 100% load which is around 3500rpm, do you think the pump is broken or the cooler is still not installed correctly?
And about voltages, what is the normal voltage for this CPU? i7 10700KF