Question I7 7700K Heat issues

Dec 28, 2022
So i recently got a i7 7700k.
You might say that i have a bad cooler or not much paste on.
I have a 360mm aio that runs at 2k rpms, It was used in my old friends pc, Same specs btw.
I also have a good amount of paste on it, Idle at 30c 4.6ghz.
But It goes up to 40-50 at 10-40% load, And over 40 its at 60-70c.
I have stress tested the cpu and it cant go any higher than 70c at 100% load, (Used msi kombustor cpu test)
Also regular aio placement (Front of the case, Tubes on the top.
Case: Eclipse g360a.
I have intake in front whit radiator
Exhaust rear(1) and on top(2) (Good airflow).
Aio is set to max in the bios.
Its not cause the overclock, Does the same at 4.2ghz to 4.8ghz. Help im 13 and im not super good at pcs.
Thermal throttle is on in the bios.

I have a 360mm aio that runs at 2k rpms, It was used in my old friends pc, Same specs btw.
I have stress tested the cpu and it cant go any higher than 70c at 100% load, (Used msi kombustor cpu test)
Its not cause the overclock, Does the same at 4.2ghz to 4.8ghz. Help im 13 and im not super good at pcs.
Everything sounds normal 80c or higher is cause to start worrying 90c or higher screaming for help 70-75c normal full load temp

Reactions: Master2009
the max temp for the i7 7700k is 84c per core sooo how is 80c not hot? That's fine, the 7700k can run hot under load, although it does seem a little bit for stock, I would make sure your bios is up to date

Reactions: Master2009

CompuTronix

Intel Master
the max temp for the i7 7700k is 84c per core ...
white.a.drew,

Sorry, but this information is false. Please do not post false information, as it can be confusing and misleading to our members and readers. Respectfully, if you don't know or are uncertain, then find the correct information ... or just refrain from posting until you're sure.

Although Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended, Intel's Thermal Specification (T junction) for the i7-7700K is 100°C, which is also called Tj Max or Maximum Junction Temperature or "Throttle Temperature". Here's the link to Intel's Product Specifications Website for the i7-7700K - See Package Specifications : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...77700k-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

You can also click on the link in my Signature which will take you the the Sticky at the top of the CPUs Forum. See Section 6 - Throttle Temperature for the various Tj Max values from early Core 2 processors in 2006 through present day Core i 13th Generation processors. You will note that with just a few exceptions, the majority of Intel's processors share the same Tj Max value of 100°C.

Master2009,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

Core temperatures which do not exceed 80°C are ideal, so for your specific computer uses, if your maximum Core temperatures during the summer months never reach this level, then you have no concerns. Enjoy your rig, and once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:

Reactions: uWebb429
white.a.drew,

Sorry, but this information is false. Please do not post false information, as it can be confusing and misleading to our members and readers. Respectfully, if you don't know or are uncertain, then find the correct information ... or just refrain from posting until you're sure.

Although Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended, Intel's Thermal Specification (T junction) for the i7-7700K is 100°C, which is also called Tj Max or Maximum Junction Temperature or "Throttle Temperature". Here's the link to Intel's Product Specifications Website for the i7-7700K - See Package Specifications : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...77700k-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

You can also click on the link in my Signature which will take you the the Sticky at the top of the CPUs Forum. See Section 6 - Throttle Temperature for the various Tj Max values from early Core 2 processors in 2006 through present day Core i 13th Generation processors. You will note that with just a few exceptions, the majority of Intel's processors share the same Tj Max value of 100°C.

Master2009,

Core temperatures which do not exceed 80°C are ideal, so for your specific computer uses, if your maximum Core temperatures during the summer months never reach this level, then you have no concerns. Enjoy your rig, and once again, welcome aboard!

The factor that you just contradicted yourself I highly annoying and one of the key reason I have been banned from this forum so many times I dont mind arguing with people who call me out then basically state the exact same thing I said in longer big boy words that confuse everyone anything over 80c not recommend but still okay...... No anything not recommened isn't meaning well it's deadly but no garentee I'll die just 93%

white.a.drew,

Master2009,

And the factor that your arguing a quote from Intel themselves that was to help another teen that was having similar concerns for their CPU is even funnier to me

CompuTronix

Intel Master
... the factor that your arguing a quote from Intel themselves ...
... the max temp for the i7 7700k is 84c per core ...
Please back up your statements by providing us with a link to "a quote from Intel themselves". Without a link, your statements can't be validated, and as such, will be dismissed as hearsay.

Here's the link once again to Intel's Product Specifications website for the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor:

See Package Specifications, which shows Tjunction is 100°C; not 84°C.

Here's the link to Intel's Datasheets for 7th Generation Intel® Processor Families for S Platforms:

See page 102, Table 5-11 Thermal Margin Slope, 1st row, 4th column, which shows TCC Activation is 100°C; not 84°C.

Since we are unaware of Intel having contradicted their Thermal Specifications, we're eager to research the source of your statements.