[SOLVED] I7 8700 rtx 2060 for 625$ good deal?

mhmd shoumar

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
Do you think it's a good deal? It doesn't come with any peripherals, it is only the case.
Specs:
Case: Aerocool RGB
Power Pack: KCAS-600W
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-K
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB (1 x 16GB)
VGA: Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 AMP 6GB
NO SSD NO hdd installed.
Price 625$
Btw selling my pc(i5 8400,1070 ti manli, 16gb ram, 650 lite power Thermal take,1 TB HDD) for 570$. If you can give your feedback on this too,I mean If it's good to sell it at this price.
Regards,

Solution
So you are predominantly interested in the pricing thing? Uh, alright:
  • The things you said you plan to buy are kinda' fine for the 625 dollars. Where I live, one can expect 650-1000 dollars price for this, talking in general. But it isn't only price, if this is used, the seller should give you s.th. like benchmarks or else to make you sure all is working fine.
  • i5-8400 + 1070 Ti + 16 GB + your mediocre power supply + 1 TB HDD = 360-550 dollars for these 5 things
Anyway, I still wonder wtf is going on here.
  • Your 1070 Ti is hitting 80 degrees. Did you try putting thermal paste MX-4 and some custom cooling, like removing them weak fabric fans and putting 2-3 120-mm case/molex/cpu header/etc fans instead? The 2060 'll...
An 'upgrade' to a bit faster GPU when <= 6 GB vram is used, but with less VRAM.
Hm...???
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOt3FGx1zuM&ab_channel=NJTech

Can't you get s.th. with a 2060 Super/2070/2070 Super/3070 8 GB or stronger RTX instead? And is the price of a 1080 Ti 11 GB bad around there?

RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB (1 x 16GB)
selling my pc
You maybe don't need 32 GB ram, but with the new PC you wouldn't have dual channel, so you'd better keep your ram and try if they can work normally together in dual-channel mode. Most likely the sticks 'll be compatible and also most likely 'd work dual-channel.

mhmd shoumar

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for the reply but you didn't answer my question 😃. I understand your point, but the main reason I'm selling my pc is because the gpu is getting hot(80c) at full load and I'm having strutters in warzone(heard it's related to i5 8400 lack of hyper threading). Also my mobo died last week so I fear more components will follow(the pc is 2.5 years old). No I don't need 32 gb of ram but I'm pointing out it's 1 stick cuz some people say it reduce performance this way. No I have a 1080 60hz monitor(tried 144hz but didn't see a difference) so the 2060 is enough I think, I was actually thinking to go for a 1060 or 1650 super. Thanks agian

• The things you said you plan to buy are kinda' fine for the 625 dollars. Where I live, one can expect 650-1000 dollars price for this, talking in general. But it isn't only price, if this is used, the seller should give you s.th. like benchmarks or else to make you sure all is working fine.
  • i5-8400 + 1070 Ti + 16 GB + your mediocre power supply + 1 TB HDD = 360-550 dollars for these 5 things
  • Your 1070 Ti is hitting 80 degrees. Did you try putting thermal paste MX-4 and some custom cooling, like removing them weak fabric fans and putting 2-3 120-mm case/molex/cpu header/etc fans instead? The 2060 'll have lower temp, but do you think this is the way to deal with the problem?
  • Stutters in performance...as you said, more threads may help and the i7 to do the job. The i7 here seems a fine idea, but I am not sure the 1070 Ti is to be blamed. Also, I am not sure if you tried vsync and limiting the FPS, not to mention undervolting the GPU to reduce the stress onto it, at least for test.
  • Your motherboard died. Can't you put another mobo and keep it alive? I guess ASUS 'd be more durable.
  • Both your current and your potential PSU are mediocre in the terms of quality. It's not impossible that your own PSU has 'helped' damaging your dead motherboard.
  • You have to do some benchmarks of the things you sell, memtest64/Windows memory diagnostic, HDD scanning software tests, etc, otherwise it's sucky. Would it be games, benchmarking software such as Novabench or else, is your choice, but you'd better do it. What happens if you actually sell a defective item to s.o. else?
  • As for the ram thing, your own stick 'd worsen performance in case it is lower frequency and higher timings (latencies). However, if this difference is low, the Dual-channel mode may not only neutralize this, but also give some improvement.
  • Also I wonder why don't you have an SSD. Even a 10+k rpm HDD cannot outperform an usual sata SSD.
If you've tried overclocking anything, I think this is the moment to realize overclocking is pretty useless. Even the fabric-OC GPU are things that I try to run away from.
The things you think are dying may actually survive, but if you be a careful user. The potato-laptop I write from has survived for 13-14 years. I did replace some things, but it was recently and nobody complained for the few older things I sold 2nd-hand from it.

Reactions: mhmd shoumar
Solution

mhmd shoumar

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
  • Your 1070 Ti is hitting 80 degrees. Did you try putting thermal paste MX-4 and some custom cooling, like removing them weak fabric fans and putting 2-3 120-mm case/molex/cpu header/etc fans instead? The 2060 'll have lower temp, but do you think this is the way to deal with the problem?
  • Stutters in performance...as you said, more threads may help and the i7 to do the job. The i7 here seems a fine idea, but I am not sure the 1070 Ti is to be blamed. Also, I am not sure if you tried vsync and limiting the FPS, not to mention undervolting the GPU to reduce the stress onto it, at least for test.
  • Your motherboard died. Can't you put another mobo and keep it alive? I guess ASUS 'd be more durable.
  • Both your current and your potential PSU are mediocre in the terms of quality. It's not impossible that your own PSU has 'helped' damaging your dead motherboard.
  • You have to do some benchmarks of the things you sell, memtest64/Windows memory diagnostic, HDD scanning software tests, etc, otherwise it's sucky. Would it be games, benchmarking software such as Novabench or else, is your choice, but you'd better do it. What happens if you actually sell a defective item to s.o. else?
  • As for the ram thing, your own stick 'd worsen performance in case it is lower frequency and higher timings (latencies). However, if this difference is low, the Dual-channel mode may not only neutralize this, but also give some improvement.
  • Also I wonder why don't you have an SSD. Even a 10+k rpm HDD cannot outperform an usual sata SSD.
If you've tried overclocking anything, I think this is the moment to realize overclocking is pretty useless. Even the fabric-OC GPU are things that I try to run away from.
The things you think are dying may actually survive, but if you be a careful user. The potato-laptop I write from has survived for 13-14 years. I did replace some things, but it was recently and nobody complained for the few older things I sold 2nd-hand from it.
I asked a technician to put thermal paste but he refused saying the gpu may become defect...

Yes I always use v sync to cap frames at 60 and gpu usage don't go above 70% in any game.However when the split second freezes happen I notice thru msi afterburner that gpu usage drop to 30% for that moment.

I replaced the motherboard of course and yes you are right the psu may be defective but all PC's in the country come with crappy PSU so it's the norm here in Lebanon. You can notice that the pc I'm buying has crappy psu installed.

Yea I did a full benshmark on many games and cinabench, 3d furmark.. and all had good results

My dad have to work 2 weeks to afford a good ssd(avrg wage is 100$)😔
Anyways thank you❤️