[SOLVED] i7 9700k in H310M PRO-VD PLUS

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
hey i ordered new parts for a new pc and i got the i7 9700k and the msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS with no intention to overclock ( Ik i may lose some performance ) and my friend told me you will have problems with pc shutdown and blue screen with high vrm temp is it true ?

the motherboard website says it can accept even an i9

( i already ordered the parts and they are shipped just waiting for delivery

i7 9700k ( with cooler master MASTERLIQUID ML120 )

msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS motherboard

rtx 2060 super

16gb running dual channel

Last edited:
Solution
hey i ordered new parts for a new pc and i got the i7 9700k and the msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS with no intention to overclock ( Ik i may lose some performance ) and my friend told me you will have problems with pc shutdown and blue screen with high vrm temp is it true ?

rtx 2060 super

An all-in-one liquid cooler CAN cause VRM overheating problems. No airflow in the CPU socket region. Will you have problems? Unknown. Start conservatively, by running with the side panel off and...

kanewolf

Titan

rtx 2060 super

An all-in-one liquid cooler CAN cause VRM overheating problems. No airflow in the CPU socket region. Will you have problems? Unknown. Start conservatively, by running with the side panel off and a desk fan blowing on the motherboard. If that is stable, then close up the case and retest. If it is not stable then you have a motherboard heating problem.

Solution

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
An all-in-one liquid cooler CAN cause VRM overheating problems. No airflow in the CPU socket region. Will you have problems? Unknown. Start conservatively, by running with the side panel off and a desk fan blowing on the motherboard. If that is stable, then close up the case and retest. If it is not stable then you have a motherboard heating problem.
i will use this case will it help ?
https://aerocool.io/product/airhawk-duo/