i7 980x on ASUS P6T Deluxe with 2209 Bios. Optimal Overclock settings??

Jul 6, 2018
Does anyone have a base reference on an older setup? ASUS P6T Deluxe with latest 2209 Bios to support I7 980X CPU. Looking for base overclock settings on this board with this processor? Whats slightly Odd is that stock, AUTO settings, put the CPU core at only 1.185 V? I upped it to 1.25 as Ive seen on other overclocks and got it to only 3.9 Ghz with Manual setting of 157/156 FSB? Am I doing this correctly or are there other parameters and settings I should look at to get it stable at higher speeds? DDR 3 running at 1550+? Mushkin and was rated at 6-6-6 1600 when I bought it. Any help would be appreciated. I am using liquid cooled, and CPU temps don't go above 155 F as is.

Solution
Don't think XMP is important, only if you couldn't adjust memory higher than 1066/1333 would turn it on.

If vcore on auto was able to set the right voltage for an overclock that would be too easy! Lol na it's just the motherboard keeping it safe and manually adding voltage is the way to go.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your cpu being 980x can probably go over 4GHz on water, i could too but didn't want to add more core voltage.

These are my settings for that board if you can get anything from it. I'm not sure about 2209v bios though, are you sure thats correct? If it's the same board as mine p6t delux v2 the latest bios for it is v1202.

4GHz

XMP

SPEEDSTEP: DISABLED

CPU Ratio: 21
BCLK FREQ: 191
PCIE FREQ: 100
DRAM FREQ: 1149
UCLK FREQ: 2298
QPI LINK: AUTO

______

CPU VOLTAGE: 1.27
CPU PLL: 1.88
QPI/DRAM 1.27
C1E SUPPORT: ENABLED
A20M: DISABLED
INTEL CSTATE: DISABLED

With the dram frequency options i had was either just below 1200MHz or just above 1500MHz from memory. 1149MHz gave me no errors with the voltage i had set, probably room for improvement with faster ram or a bit more voltage if i wanted to go higher. I was happy enough the way it performed so left it and it's still running.

Leave FSB as is.

Specs are in sig.

Jul 6, 2018
Why also XMP, is it that important? Not sure why my MB on AUTO puts cpu voltage as low as it does as well... Will give it all a go tomorrow and post results. Im not in bad shape where i am and my benchmarks are good for what i have, but saw others getting quite a bit more out of the 980x and just wanted to inquire. Thanks again!!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Don't think XMP is important, only if you couldn't adjust memory higher than 1066/1333 would turn it on.

If vcore on auto was able to set the right voltage for an overclock that would be too easy! Lol na it's just the motherboard keeping it safe and manually adding voltage is the way to go.

Solution