i850E boards and Older AGP Cards

poloman

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2001
I recently purchased an i850E based motherboard which will hopefully arrive in the next couple of days. This motherboard of course will only support AGP cards with a voltage setting of 1.5

I am having some difficulty finding solid information on whether or not my current video card will be compatible or if it will only fit in with the older 3.3v standard.

My video card is a Hercules 3D Prophet II Geforce 2 GTS-64. About half of the sources I have come across say that I should have no problem. The other half seem to say that “some” of the Geforce 2 cards will not run at the 1.5v setting.

I have been unable to locate a technical document the explicitly states what voltage(s) my card will function at.

If anyone out there is using this card on the i850E motherboard, or if anyone has some solid information/links they would like to share that would put my mind at ease I would appreciate the info.

Regards,
Poloman

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I believe the only GeForce2 card manufacturer that did not meet this requirement was....

Drumroll please...

Hercules. Sorry about your luck. Read an article about it a few months ago, maybe somebody could point to it's location.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?