Question I9-13900k min set frequency

Aug 27, 2024
Hello. Is there anyway to set my cpu to maintain a set frequency when OC? I want it to sit at 5500mhz as a baseline . At the moment it will sit at 5500mhz but every few seconds drop to 4300mhz for a second then go back up and its just a back and forth process of it. ( I have an i9-13900k / meg z790 ace mobo)

Hello. Is there anyway to set my cpu to maintain a set frequency when OC? I want it to sit at 5500mhz as a baseline . At the moment it will sit at 5500mhz but every few seconds drop to 4300mhz for a second then go back up and its just a back and forth process of it. ( I have an i9-13900k / meg z790 ace mobo)
I would not overclock any Raptor Lake CPU until such time as the updated microcode has proved out. Update your BIOS, set everything to "Intel Recommended" cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Aug 27, 2024
Is there any specific reason for this? I've had ir default OC'd for the past 8 months? In a game such as eacape from tarkov , i havve an increase of almost 40fps ( default non OC I get around 70-90 fps with quite a few stutters. But when OC'd using intel default OC i get around 115- 135 fps

Aug 27, 2024
I would not overclock any Raptor Lake CPU until such time as the updated microcode has proved out. Update your BIOS, set everything to "Intel Recommended" cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Sorry forgot to mention you in the reply, i'll just do it now wo it pings you but i responded in the comment above this ^ 😁