When I put a New icon on my desktop, example (ESPN) it will have a colorful
icon. After a little while (hours to days) it will go back to a generic
windows icon. Is there a simple way to prevent this? I'm not educated enough
in Computer skills (yet) to go in a fix it if it is complex. Your thought are
appreciated. Thanks, Deek

Malke

Deekster wrote:

> When I put a New icon on my desktop, example (ESPN) it will have a
> colorful icon. After a little while (hours to days) it will go back to
> a generic windows icon. Is there a simple way to prevent this? I'm not
> educated enough in Computer skills (yet) to go in a fix it if it is
> complex. Your thought are appreciated. Thanks, Deek

I think you are referring to Internet shortcuts and the colorful icons
are called Favicons. The reason they disappear is that they are stored
in your Temporary Internet Files. If you would like to keep them, see
this link by MVP Kelly Theriot:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - FavOrg-restore and save
favourite icons (line 108, right column)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Thanks Malke, A great site. Easy way to fix this.