Pleiades

I recently grabbed a small stack of screen bezels from an auction, and
I have a Gremlin/Sega one that I can't ID.

It looks like it belongs to the Frogger/Carnival/Head-On class of
cabinet. It comes in two pieces... the large plexiglass bezel, and the
thin black plastic frame... the bolt holes in the window correspond to
the bolt holes in the bezel.

The bezel has no actual artwork, but is smoked. I know that games like
Frogger and Carnival used clear plexi, and older games like Depth
Charge used tinted blue plexi.

The only thing I can think of is either Blockade or Hustle look like
they may have used smoked plexi...

Can anybody weigh in on this?

Kyle S. :^)

Kyle,

Could be blockade. It used a dark smoked plexi. Hustle used an amber
tinted plexi with shaggadelic earthtone stripes around it. Check out
Brian's (prOk's): (oops, he used to have one. No pics left either).

- Craig

Pleiades

Thanks, Craig!

It looks like I have a Blockade bezel then... given that the other
snags in the stack were Qix, Double Dragon, and cockpit Monaco GP
bezels, I'm feeling pretty good about my impulse buy...

Now that you mention it, I do see the "shaggadelic stripes" on the
Hustle bezel on the arcadeflyers.net website... Ohhhhh behaaaaave!

Kyle :^)