Question IdeaPad Pro 5 14IRH8 CPU running extremely hot (P-3 100°)

Boyko

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
I have core temps to monitor what is going on. My laptop is new and up to date. I have installed everything from the vantage app. The laptop is very quiet and the fans dont turn often enough independent of the mode in which i have it in. I installed the intel extreme tuning app and saw that it was set up for 65w and a turbo of 100w. The i5 13500h is a 45W CPU. The intel app however doesn´t let me undervolt the CPU only limit the power. I have set it up at 38W Currently and it can sustain a 100% load at a max of 85 C. The bios is too simple and is missing a lot of the options i am looking for. I want to adjust the fan curve so that the fans kick in a little sooner and if possible undervolt the CPU and i cant manipulate the multipliers on a h processor. I am mainly having problems with the P-Cores. I also adjusted the turbo boost power time interval as the power was not being controlled tightly enough.

So manly i want to: 1. Enter a meaningful BIOS. 2. Adjust the fan curve

3, I want to know how the 3 power option levels work together. Lenovo has power options and windows has power options and also has battery saver??

I will be very happy to get some info on this topic.

Thanks in advance