Ideas on this i7-8700k, 1080ti 4k build.

madzpredator

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
The system I plan to build over the next few days (GPU can wait until prices drop, I have a GTX 1070 until I order a 1080).
I plan on using this for productivity, media viewing and a lot, a real lot of gaming at 4k :)
Feel free to suggest replacement items or products, I'd rather order from Amazon as I am comfortable with their products and quality.

Processor : i7-8700k
GPU : GTX 1080Ti (Don't know what model until prices drop)
Motherboard : GIGABYTE Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming ATX Motherboard
Memory : G.Skill Trident DDR4 2400MHZ
PSU : EVGA 650Gold PSU
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Case : NZXT S340 Elite
SSD : 500GB Samsung Evo
HDD : 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Can I just get a quick scan through these components to ensure that there are no compatibility problems or any better alternatives. I don't want to pay premium but I don't mind investing in better quality if it really pays well over the years.
Also, will the Trident Ram sticks sync their RGB with the motherboards?

WildCard999

Titan

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes I agree with this. I would also increase the RAM speed to DDR4-3200. And I would also swap the SSD for an M2 drive.

madzpredator

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Okay, I've swapped out the PSU for the SeaSonic one.
I think the M.2 Drive is a bit too pricey for what it will actually provide. I don't transfer big files pretty much at all.

I am wondering what setup to get for the RGB system. I want my CPU cooler, Ram & Mobo to synchronise. Any ideas?
Also will RGB ram's colour die after a period of time?

g-unit1111

Titan

I personally love the way NZXT's lights sync up but a lot of people have problems with the CAM software. But the thing is there's no real perfect RGB lighting strategy as of yet. NZXT and Corsair both have the strongest ones available currently, and I have used both. And both have their strengths and weaknesses. And you could also swap your motherboard for NZXT's N7 motherboard and most of the RGB features will be built in.

madzpredator

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I personally love the way NZXT's lights sync up but a lot of people have problems with the CAM software. But the thing is there's no real perfect RGB lighting strategy as of yet. NZXT and Corsair both have the strongest ones available currently, and I have used both. And both have their strengths and weaknesses. And you could also swap your motherboard for NZXT's N7 motherboard and most of the RGB features will be built in.[/quotemsg]

Yeah, not a big fan of dishing out £270 for that mobo, doesn't really hit the sweet spot for me. I am just wondering if I should go for the Corsair RGB ram sticks 3000mhz with my CPU cooler. Then maybe later on just add the RGB Strips or fans when its more viable. I think I may change my mobo to a non-rgb one because it doesnt look the best.

g-unit1111

Titan

Get the G Skill RAM - I personally like this RAM better than the Corsair, but that's mainly a preference thing. Intel rigs aren't as picky about RAM as AMD rigs are. But I personally prefer the stronger B-die that's found on the G Skill RAM, where Corsair modules use the HK Hynix RAM.