[SOLVED] Identifying old components from pictures...

Oct 6, 2020
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. Many moons ago I had a friend build me a custom PC. When it was build it was what I considered to be a monster. Sadly I recently had a flood and the computer ended up in a foot and a half of water. While dealing with the insurance company they said if I can identify what made up the computer I can get something comparable. I am no where near as savvy as all of you...

I remember being so excited when my friend was building the PC I took photos of the components. Unfortunately the picture quality isn't the greatest. Would you be able to help me identify the components in the pictures attached? I would be so very grateful.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Thanks to all.

Solution
Here's what I see:
  • Athlon 64 x2
  • Corsair ram x4 (2x 2x kits)
  • 5x seagate hard drives
  • ocz power supply
  • logitech mouse
  • soundblaster xfi
  • antec tower case
  • 3 pipe cpu cooler
  • 2x optical drives
  • floppy drive or usb card reader that fits in 3.5" bay
  • dvd decoder board
  • logitech z5500 speaker setup
  • dual en7900gt gpus
I can't tell the motherboard or keyboard without a higher res picture.

Personally, I would make the insurance company pay for you to get this EXACT system again--the money will be more than enough for upgrades since a lot of this stuff will be really expensive because 'vintage'.
Here's what I see:
  • Athlon 64 x2
  • Corsair ram x4 (2x 2x kits)
  • 5x seagate hard drives
  • ocz power supply
  • logitech mouse
  • soundblaster xfi
  • antec tower case
  • 3 pipe cpu cooler
  • 2x optical drives
  • floppy drive or usb card reader that fits in 3.5" bay
  • dvd decoder board
  • logitech z5500 speaker setup
  • dual en7900gt gpus
I can't tell the motherboard or keyboard without a higher res picture.

Personally, I would make the insurance company pay for you to get this EXACT system again--the money will be more than enough for upgrades since a lot of this stuff will be really expensive because 'vintage'.

Solution
Oct 6, 2020
Thank you Guys this is awesome information. I will be trying to obviously get as much as I can from the insurance company. A brief look on Amazon shows very few of the items actually available...

Reactions: SamirD