IE upgrade on 4100 w/Win95b

I am running Win 95b on my XPS 4100 with IE v.3.02. I want to replace it
with IE 4.01, (I believe that is the most updated I can run on Win 95),
is that so?
How do I do this? Do I first remove the old IE before installing new
one, or do I just download the newer version, then remove the old one.
any thoughts appreciated
TIA
Steve C.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:41:57 -0400, lobotomy@webtv.net wrote in

> I am running Win 95b on my XPS 4100 with IE v.3.02. I want to replace it
> with IE 4.01, (I believe that is the most updated I can run on Win 95),
> is that so?
> How do I do this? Do I first remove the old IE before installing new
> one, or do I just download the newer version, then remove the old one.
> any thoughts appreciated

It's been a while since I even saw a Windows 95 machine or even updated IE
on one, but I believe you can just install over the old version.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

IE 5.5 is the last version provided by Micro$oft for Windows 95b. Go to the
Microsoft web site, download it and install it.

To save yourself some download time (especially with dialup), you can also find
IE 5.5 on EarthLink and AOL CDs. But then you need to do some cleanup to remove
all the garbage icons left behind by either one... Ben Myers