IE9: 2.35 Million Downloads on Day One

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]robd007[/nom]you sound like an IE fanboy[/citation]

More like i havent found a reason to switch. I was making the post for all the drones who have to hate on MS products to be cool to all the other drones who hate just to hate.

Jonathan for instance. People saying things that are not only untrue but retarded. IE might not be the best for everyone but idiotic comments like this are old. I tried using the rest of the browsers Right now i have IE and opera but none of them worked right.

Find me a browser that does everything + active x with no excessive bars and only has address bar on it. And ill give it a look. Otherwise it wont do everything i want or need it to do. I don't want plug-ins i don't want a bunch os space wasting crap and hell i could even do with out tabs if i can get a simple nothing but an address bar browser.

Im a fan of what works best for me if you wish to label me a fanboy because i don't agree with the I have to be a cool MS basher and say everything they make sucks so i can be cool then fine ill be a fanboy whatever floats your boat.

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I find it funny that every one finds my post outrageously blasphemous against Microsoft. I highly doubt they went through any kind of compatibility testing with Firefox so the possibility of it interfering is there. You can either accept that Microsoft doesn't care about Firefox users or you can blindly follow like the apple twits you make fun of so often.

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]More like i havent found a reason to switch. I was making the post for all the drones who have to hate on MS products to be cool to all the other drones who hate just to hate.Jonathan for instance. People saying things that are not only untrue but retarded. IE might not be the best for everyone but idiotic comments like this are old. I tried using the rest of the browsers Right now i have IE and opera but none of them worked right.Find me a browser that does everything + active x with no excessive bars and only has address bar on it. And ill give it a look. Otherwise it wont do everything i want or need it to do. I don't want plug-ins i don't want a bunch os space wasting crap and hell i could even do with out tabs if i can get a simple nothing but an address bar browser.Im a fan of what works best for me if you wish to label me a fanboy because i don't agree with the I have to be a cool MS basher and say everything they make sucks so i can be cool then fine ill be a fanboy whatever floats your boat.[/citation]

give chrome or firefox a shot man. ie 9 is def better than previous versions. but the reason ie 9 IS the way it is, is because of FF and chrome. they are the browsers that introduced innovation when IE was still busy making sure it was so tightly coded to the OS that people couldnt uninstall it...we wouldnt have tabbed browsing, sync'ing between computers, etc. without em. i know your thinkin 'well i dont need addons slowing down my browser' u dont need to get everyone under the sun... the functionality u gain just by gettin the few addons that u actually need is worth it....just the fact that u cant get adblock with IE is a nosale...especially when your going to THIS SITE! :D

cyberjawn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Humm, well Chrome 10, Firefox 4 RC, and IE9 all don't work right with some Java applets so I'm back with Firefox 3.6 for now. Hopefully they all will fix this. So sad I like all of them but if they don't work right then I can't use any of them.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]robd007[/nom]give chrome or firefox a shot man. ie 9 is def better than previous versions. but the reason ie 9 IS the way it is, is because of FF and chrome. they are the browsers that introduced innovation when IE was still busy making sure it was so tightly coded to the OS that people couldnt uninstall it...we wouldnt have tabbed browsing, sync'ing between computers, etc. without em. i know your thinkin 'well i dont need addons slowing down my browser' u dont need to get everyone under the sun... the functionality u gain just by gettin the few addons that u actually need is worth it....just the fact that u cant get adblock with IE is a nosale...especially when your going to THIS SITE![/citation]

Ok ill give them a shot again.. Think you might post me a link of specific addons that make it nicer? perhaps i didnt find the right ones. i haven't used ff is many versions PERHAPS its better now i dont know. i used it on my friends comp a few months ago and was annoyed with it but hell..

And yes i did look at the boobs i did follow the link to look at more boobs.. i plan on looking at more boobs today and tomorrow i just didnt think i had to advertise as a man i was looking at boobs to prove my sexuality :p

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I just goggled FF3 first day statistics to refresh my memory. 8.3 million in the first day for FF3. FF4 IMO will do better than that. The real challenge will be FF against itself, not against IE.

thats the best thing about vista and windows 7. you don't have to use IE to download updates anymore :) my IE use is 0.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.