Question if i set cpu frequency on rog strix bios does it also lock boost clock?

It depends on the platform. On AMD platforms it will lock the CPU to that frequency. I believe on Intel platforms it sets the maximum frequency. However the last Intel system I used was back in 2018 or so, so I don't know how true this still is

johnnytheguy

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
It depends on the platform. On AMD platforms it will lock the CPU to that frequency. I believe on Intel platforms it sets the maximum frequency. However the last Intel system I used was back in 2018 or so, so I don't know how true this still is
in case of amd is it possible to unlock the boost clock? or atleast change max boost clock?

in case of amd is it possible to unlock the boost clock? or atleast change max boost clock?
Through PBO possibly, but not through the regular settings.

To what purpose ?
Yes, you can do that. To limit or disable boost in windows you can just adjust Maximum CPU Power limit to 99%. and it will not go past CPU's standard frequency.
Setting maximum CPU to 99% does weird things on AMD systems. You have to mess with the Processor Performance Boost behavior (See: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/something-to-consider-for-laptops.3737865/)