Question If my mobo doesn't have an RGB header, how can I connect rgb fans to it via a hub?

May 9, 2022
My motherboard is a GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 and I want to install 120mm rgb case fans. The idea is that since my mobo doesn't have any rgb interface that I plug the hub into the 12v 4 pin system fan connector. Would this allow me control over the RGB fans if I were to plug them into a hub and plug the hub into the system fan connector?

May 9, 2022
What hub? You will need one that connects to the USB header on the motherboard to be able to control the RGB, like one of the various the Corsair rgb/fan hubs.
I was looking at going with the Cooler Master 3IN1 MasterFan MF120R ARGB 120mm Addressable RGB Fan. I watched a video and it seemed he plugged the hub straight into the 4pin fan connector.

I was looking at going with the Cooler Master 3IN1 MasterFan MF120R ARGB 120mm Addressable RGB Fan. I watched a video and it seemed he plugged the hub straight into the 4pin fan connector.
So where do I plug the ARGB into? I don’t have a 5v 3 pin connector. I read above I need to plug it into the usb header but there are allot of of connectors down there.
Just seen this. You would need fans that have a hub that connects to a USB header, Corsair I know do this. From a search the fan you mentioned does not have this type of hub, the only hub/controller needs to connect to a motherboard RGB header. As far as Concerned know there is no way around this apart from different fans/hub (like Corsair) or a different motherboard with a RGB header.

May 9, 2022
Just seen this. You would need fans that have a hub that connects to a USB header, Corsair I know do this. From a search the fan you mentioned does not have this type of hub, the only hub/controller needs to connect to a motherboard RGB header. As far as Concerned know there is no way around this apart from different fans/hub (like Corsair) or a different motherboard with a RGB header.
Thanks dude, do you have one to recommend for me? It’s hard to tell which ones connect to rgb header or USB header.