ILS

How do you turn the ILS on when flying an aircraft. When I fly the
Boeing 737-400 I cannot figure out how to turn it on. I need your help
thanks.

Travis

It's always "turned on". To use it, you need to look up the frequency in the
map, and then tune it in to your NAV1 radio. When you get close enough (30
miles?) the radio should then pick up the signal and give you the localiser
and the glideslope. To fly the ILS using the autopilot click on APP and it
will takeover as you intercept the localiser and glideslope.

HTH,
Jimbo.