I'm an AMD fan! Q> is the 8Core FX good for gaming/videoediting/all?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

The thing is, going from 1024x768, 0AA to 2560x1600 4xAA = identical performance in every test .... not a chance

same results on starcraft 2 and skyrim

According to toms, skyrim at 1280x1024 no aa reaches 122 fps and 65 fps at 1900x1200 4xaa on the 6970 but techpowerup gets identical results and again slower with the 7970 only achieving 56fps at all resolutons

So seeing results that are clearly incorrect, how reliable is the entire article....

In my opinion ... not very reliable, but it is a good theory to test.

kettu

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

SC2 and Skyrim are both pretty hard on the CPU. Also keep in mind that 7970 is a "beast" (technical term). It will have no trouble in running those games at eyefinity resolutions with high levels of AA.

I'm not sure which Tom's article you are referring to. Perhaps they are using different sections of the game to do their testing. Techpowerup article is focussing on performance of different CPUs with a same GPU. So perhaps they chose a section of the game that taxes CPU more than GPU while Tom's tried to find a section that is more taxing on the GPU than CPU. Assuming Tom's test you're referring to is from a GPU review article.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

I was looking at Toms skyrim review.

Toms clearly showed the game does change with resolution and especially aa settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074.html

Even if a game is cpu taxing, how can it play the same at 2560x1600 with 4x aa and 1024x768 with no aa in 3 different tests? (skyrim, Civ V and Starcraft II)

guys does fx-8 needs any special motherboard. coz am using asus m4a88t-m-le.
so does it have any special requirements in this case?

Bios support, wich looks like asus isn't going to do. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM_LE/#CPUS

this is a joke post rite... how can you prefer amd over intel. its understandable people saying i prefer intel as they offer a stronger product. but to pick amd because there amd ???

its pure lunacy that some people will pay good money for inferior hardware and say they prefer it that way... thats like saying you prefer to be blind rather than look at an ugly painting... thats just idiotic

but you all want a pc to render as much as possible as soon as possible and today intel does it faster. if amd did it faster then i pick an amd. but to deliberately pick something that they know is slower just because of the label makes no sense.

seriously , explain it to me... why do you prefer what amounts to an inferior product...

people have preferences.

And preferences aren't decided on a thing being better. Prefering intel doesn't mean anything more than prefering AMD, it just means you choose 1. Having facts then deciding should have no need for preferences.

Just because someone blindly choose to prefer 1 thing doesn't mean someone else's preference of something else is more wrong.

no need to go ripping on people's preferences and telling them what they should and should not prefer.

These are what mac users are.

mac users tend to buy macs for osx and because the system is rated as more secure, and stable. like i say im not just saying its an amd thing. mac's xboxes/ps3 and intel all have there fanboys and they buy there systems because of the badge on the side. not because it performs better... like i say buying something because of a label is pure idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.