Question I'm getting low FPS with a good PC ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 9, 2024
I concur with the above that the CPU is underperforming. I am not familiar enough with the newer Intel CPUs to explain it, but your CPU seems to be running rather low power wise. Usually more power usage means higher clocks which in turn means more performance. There may be some BIOS settings related to power usage that can be changed to get more out of your 12400f, but I am not sure like I said above.

If you come to the conclusion that the CPU is just too slow compared to your graphics card and want an upgrade, any of the following CPUs would be a pretty big upgrade. Just note that with the K CPUs listed below, you will not be able to overclock them manually, however, they will do that to themselves with turbo boosting. I also noticed that "Game boost" is enabled on your motherboard but you will need to get their "MSI center" software to enable it.

13400 - 250 Euros
12700kf - 270 Euros
14600kf - 320 Euros
what is the best cpu between the i5 13600k and the 14600k ? they have the same price

Last edited: