Question I'm getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my laptop about once a month ?

Jan 9, 2022
Hey all, I bought my MSI GE76 10UG laptop around Q1 of 2021 and have been having some BSOD issues as of 11/19/2021. As mentioned in the title I am receiving a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop code. When getting these BSOD's the computer has been in a near idle mode doing slight tasks such as listening to music, writing papers, etc... The laptop will lock up for around 10-20 seconds before the BSOD appears. I have no overclocks on this system but I do have a small UNDERvolt of -0.0908mv on both the CPU Core and CPU Cache.

Here is the link for the most recent .dmp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ovy6fD-uEpRbM6ig7aQUa8ty2gzVI8E_/view?usp=sharing

So far I have run windows memory diagnostic for one pass and it went through with no issues. When I get back home in a few days I plan on running memtest86 and updating the BIOS. And if it comes to it reinstalling windows. I still have around 6 months left on the warranty for my machine and have reached out to MSI but they were not helpful in the slightest and had just listed things that I had already told them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Crash dump analysis from WhoCrashed:

On Sun 1/9/2022 12:35:51 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010922-11718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F70D0)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD40877303028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 1/9/2022 12:35:51 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD40877303028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\pshed.dll
description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 12/5/2021 5:56:34 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120521-13250-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F72A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8A0762B03028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/19/2021 8:19:57 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111921-11125-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71B0)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFBC091DD03028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows Hardware Error Architecture. WHEA are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

Now I don't know if undervolt could be cause but I would disable it if you can and see if it stops it.
WHEA errors can be any hardware
can be caused by overheating
updating BIOS can sometimes help

I will ask a friend to look at dumps. often WHEA error reports don't telkl me a lot but it will at least show me a driver listing which might help.

website link - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE76-Rai...product=GE76-Raider-10UG#down-driver&Win10 64

what are specs? probably need to test boot drive and memtest. Laptop means no PSU to test as such really.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/rt48w1oy/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010922-11718-01.dmp (Jan 9 2022 - 00:35:51)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:7 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)

System: MSI GE76 Raider 10UG
Homepage: https://us.msi.com/Laptop/GE76-Raider-10UX/Specification

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jan 9, 2022
what are specs? probably need to test boot drive and memtest. Laptop means no PSU to test as such really.
This model has a 3070, 32gb ram, and 10870h cpu. Also, another thing to note. I ran another run of the windows memory diagnostic tool while I slept and set it for 5 passes and woke up to it frozen at 21% complete and it would not respond to any keys.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the memory diagnostic program with windows seems to like stopping at 21%, you second person reporting that this week to me.

can you look in device manager under storage and see what NVME you have?

I am helping someone else with almost same laptop unless I am confused.
What razer gear do you have?
this looks old
Jul 26 2008Razer Synapse Service.sysRazer Synapse driver
but then other parts of the Synapse are newer
Mar 30 2021RzCommon.sysRazer Common driver (Razer Inc)
Try updating Synapse.

could be newer version of Intel Management Engine Interface - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE76-Rai...product=GE76-Raider-10UG#down-driver&Win10 64 (under chipset)

try running this on cpu - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

Jan 9, 2022
the memory diagnostic program with windows seems to like stopping at 21%, you second person reporting that this week to me.

can you look in device manager under storage and see what NVME you have?

I am helping someone else with almost same laptop unless I am confused.
What razer gear do you have?
this looks old
Jul 26 2008Razer Synapse Service.sysRazer Synapse driver
but then other parts of the Synapse are newer
Mar 30 2021RzCommon.sysRazer Common driver (Razer Inc)
Try updating Synapse.

could be newer version of Intel Management Engine Interface - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE76-Raider-10UX/support?sub_product=GE76-Raider-10UG#down-driver&Win10 64 (under chipset)

try running this on cpu - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html
It passed the intel diagnostic app with no issues. The NVME that this has is "WDC PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1032"