Purpy__

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Hello, im just gonna get straight to the point, my pc is running awful and i dont know what should i do
specs: Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 3060, 16GB 3600 MHz Trident Z Neo, Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2, 256GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 750W Corsair CX750M

I tried every single possible thing, but i can only get about 150fps in every game on medium (reinstalling system, updating drivers, enabling performace options on pc, cleaning it inside and outside)

Help pls, ty

Ralston18

Titan
Lots of things that you can do:

Start by using Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer (Microsoft free) to observe system performance.

Use all three tools but only one tool at a time.

Discover what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what app, process, or service.

Compare the difference (s) between running "normal" and "awful". Could be some background app, utility, or tool running and trying to update, back up, or just "phone home".

Process Explorer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Hello, im just gonna get straight to the point, my pc is running awful and i dont know what should i do
specs: Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 3060, 16GB 3600 MHz Trident Z Neo, Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2, 256GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 750W Corsair CX750M

I tried every single possible thing, but i can only get about 150fps in every game on medium (reinstalling system, updating drivers, enabling performace options on pc, cleaning it inside and outside)

Help pls, ty
Download this.

UBM

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run ubm with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

Reactions: drivinfast247
150 fps does not sound awful to me.
What do you expect from your pc?

FWIW, many consider userbenchmark referenced above to be junk science.

**** [Moderator edit to remove thinly disguised profanity. Remember that Tom's HW is a family friendly Forum.]

Why do you people assume that we are using UBM to compare to other PCs. Its only to see how the OPs PC is performing.

Please link the free, small file size, quick to download and run, easy to use software that you recommend to help potentialy spot issues that the OP is experiencing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

Purpy__

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Lots of things that you can do:

Start by using Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer (Microsoft free) to observe system performance.

Use all three tools but only one tool at a time.

Discover what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what app, process, or service.

Compare the difference (s) between running "normal" and "awful". Could be some background app, utility, or tool running and trying to update, back up, or just "phone home".

Process Explorer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
Did everything, cant figure it out

Purpy__

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Thats not horrible fps, what were you getting? What resolution and refresh rate are you using? What fps do you get if you set it to high or ultra? Have you tried using dlss?
Thats not horrible fps, what were you getting? What resolution and refresh rate are you using? What fps do you get if you set it to high or ultra? Have you tried using dlss?
1080p 165hz, that is the catch, it doesnt matter if i set it to lowest or highest possible, it will always run around 150 fps, sometimes 120 (minecraft in 120fps...), how [**** Moderator edit to remove implied profanity.] am i supposed to use dlss in those games

* [Moderator edit. Removed original profanity from the quoted post.] Why do you people assume that we are using UBM to compare to other PCs. Its only to see how the OPs PC is performing.

Please link the free, small file size, quick to download and run, easy to use software that you recommend to help potentialy spot issues that the OP is experiencing.
Waste of time.
Ubm Hater's wake up grumpy.....go through the day grumpy....go back to bed grumpy.
Best to just nod your head and keep on moving.

Ralston18

Titan
When playing games, especially those games listed in Post #9 what range of fps values is being reported? Is there any noticeable game play difference between, for example, 120 - fps, 150 fps, and 160 fps?

And I always wonder about the error rate in such measurements: + or - 10 fps makes the problem somewhat moot.

As suggested, 150 fps (if accurate) may not be so bad.....

In Task Manager (as Admin):

Select the Process tab and then click the GPU column header to sort processes in descending order.

Monitor GPU % while not gaming, while playing less demanding games, and while playing more demanding games.

The key is to discover what differences exist when fps is being reported at lower values than expected. Especially if there is some definite impact on game play.

Observe GPU. However, Disk and Memory could be potential culprits. Select, sort, and watch both of those resources as well.

Once you have discovered some consistent pattern or easily duplicated conditions (i.e., PC is at 160 fps, you do "X", and fps decreases to 150 fps) then the problem / problem source may be apparent.

When looking for differences make only one change at a time: The only difference, for example, is to observe first without a specific game running and then again with the game running. Do not launch anything else or allow anything else to be launched.

Multiple changes could mask the problem.

Again: the same concepts can be and should be applied via Resource Monitor and Process Explorer.