[SOLVED] I'm having trouble running Minecraft at 240 fps on 1080p and default settings.

Oct 26, 2020
I recently got Minecraft Java because some of my friends had been playing it and I was disappointed to find out that it runs horribly on my system for some reason. I've looked up some people's avg fps and it seems a ton higher than what I'm getting. On the default graphics settings, I'm getting around 100-230 fps on a local, singleplayer save and it drops way down below 60 sometimes when I'm playing on a server. I don't think it has anything to do with my PC because it easily gets 160-300 fps on DOOM(2016) on ultra settings. And it gets around 85-165 on Rust on high settings. Any tips or helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. My build is:
Ryzen 7 3700x (@stock)
16gb of ram clocked @3200mhz
Rtx 2060 Super with an OC of +200mhz on the core and +600 MHz on the memory.

Solution
I recently got Minecraft Java because some of my friends had been playing it and I was disappointed to find out that it runs horribly on my system for some reason. I've looked up some people's avg fps and it seems a ton higher than what I'm getting. On the default graphics settings, I'm getting around 100-230 fps on a local, singleplayer save and it drops way down below 60 sometimes when I'm playing on a server. I don't think it has anything to do with my PC because it easily gets 160-300 fps on DOOM(2016) on ultra settings. And it gets around 85-165 on Rust on high settings. Any tips or helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. My build is:
Ryzen 7 3700x (@stock)
Rtx 2060 Super with an OC of...
Ryzen 7 3700x (@stock)
Rtx 2060 Super with an OC of +200mhz on the core and +600 MHz on the memory.
Try using optifine. And turn off or down settings that don't significantly affect visual quality. Also watch a tutorial on how to allocate 4GB of ram to minecraft, DO NOT go over 4GB of ram unless you're running large mod packs as more than 4GB starts reducing performance.

Solution