Question I'm looking for a Windows Vista Recovery Image for my Gateway GT5656 ?

Jun 12, 2023
Hello.

I'm currently searching for a recovery image for my Gateway GT5656, which I got without a hard drive. I want to put a drive in it, which I have, but with the original operating system, as it was from the factory. I have not been able to find an image containing the complete factory installation online, so this may be far-fetched unless someone on this forum page sees my post and has a stock Gateway GT5656, and can make a recovery ISO, which I guess is still far-fetched.

Some general requirements include Windows Vista Home Premium (I stand with my choice as Vista shipped with the PC.), and most preferably free. I do NOT wish to pay unless it is my last resort. I also want it to have the original software it shipped with (including Gateway Recovery Center, etc). I do NOT want this for the product key, although it may be included anyways. I have my OWN product key that came with the system.

Would this be possible to get?

Thanks!

That OS would be hard to find in original state.

Since you have the product key, I would suggest to find out the OS in another way...download the version and use the key that you already have.

Since Windows Vista was retired, even on Microsoft page it will be hard to find it and option to download it.